Selling Eggs in Ohio, NEED INFO PLEASE

FrankieMcElfresh

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 30, 2011
Ohio
Alright so I live in ohio (Auglaize County) to be specific, but im having troubles, I need to sell eggs because its the only option for money for me right now but im not seeing any laws that says i cant sell them from my home. I live in the country though there are a few houses around, i have 10 hens (3 currently laying) is there anything I need to do to be able to sell them legally? like labeling, cartons, quality, and ect. as much info as possible will be very helpful. thank you

That's because if you are selling them from your home there aren't any except eggs need to be refrigerated. If you were taking them to work to sell or selling from a farm market you would need to apply for a mobile vendors license and have your cooling equipment inspected. You should clean them so they look nice but the law doesn't require it.

I don't have the links to it right now and can't easily find it. I think it's covered under Ohio Department of Agriculture unless you get into mobile sales then another department is in charge.

Back
Top Bottom