selling eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by buckeye chickens, Nov 10, 2008.

1. buckeye chickens

buckeye chickens Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2008
    Ohio
    I am hoping to sell some eggs. I was plaining on bubble wraping the eggs individually. do they need to be two dayed aired or is first class ok?

2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i ship mine all priority mail but if someone pays extra i ship them express mail which is faster.

3. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I do priority mail too but sometimes I wonder if first class would be just as good. From what I've learned, the mail is pretty fast if you are in an adjoining state, but I do priority just in case.

4. Bandana

Bandana Chillin' With My Peeps

It's my understanding that with airmail they load the packages using a conveyor belt. When the package gets to the end/top of the conveyor, it then "falls" into the cargo area, and is picked up to stack. Also, I would worry about pressure changes in the cargo hold while in the air at whatever thousand feet.

What kind of eggs are you selling?

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Priority is supposed to be 2-3 days, and most first class gets there in 3 days as well. The only difference is if the priority doesn't get there in 3 days, you can get shipping reimbursed. With first class it just gets there when it gets there.

6. buckeye chickens

buckeye chickens Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2008
    Ohio
    I am selling buckeye eggs

7. buckeye lady

buckeye lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    I am interested in a few eggs but i have to buy or borrow a bator. Where are you? If close I could pick up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by