Selling eggs

Looking at selling eggs in King county, Washington and looking to clarify a few details.
my understanding is that I need to have an egg handlers license and need to purchase egg seals from the Washington department of agriculture. Eggs have to be washed and have to follow the USDA guidelines.

These will be sold from a retail location to the public (farm stall).

Anyone else selling eggs? how has your experience been? Would love to hear any suggestions, tips etc

thanks!

I'm not in King County, Washington (I'm in Washington County, Oregon), and you likely know your local ordinances a lot better than I do...but usually the FDA only oversees farms with 300 layers or more.

Do you have a Farm to Direct provision in your laws? Here, as long as we are a small holder, and deliver directly to the buyer, we do not come under any FDA restrictions or food licensing. We are only recommended to label with our name, address.

If you are selling at farmers markets, then of course you would have additional restrictions.

Just curious if you have that kind of loop hole.

Hoping others will chime in around King County for you.

LofMc

Yea, this is from other locations. Not a big deal as the permit is inexpensive. Just want to make sure Im not missing anything

Back
Top Bottom