Selling eggs

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jonathansenn, May 14, 2009.

1. jonathansenn

jonathansenn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    East Dublin, GA
    I was wondering how other people sold their eggs. I sell to family and co-workers and have a rotation.

How do you sell your eggs?

2. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    Well at first I didn't know how I was gonna sell eggs.
    I was thinking just a sign at the end of my driveway and the DH
    said "no way, you will end up with all kinds of idiots coming up here". So I didn't post sign, it was'nt really a big deal at that time cause only 6 of my girls were laying. So when a few more started to lay I would give some to family. Anyway I had an extra carton one day and decided to take some to my pastors wife at our local library and she was not there so i told the other lady friends that was there they could have them. They then asked if I sold my eggs and I said sure. So that is how it started and now all the ladies buy my eggs and told me to bring in as many as possible which is a total of four cartons a week. [​IMG] ...and they are thrilled with my eggs always asking if I am charging them enough. [​IMG] ..wonderful ladies I just love em'.

edited for spelling

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  3. whippet128

whippet128 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2009
    word of mouth is best. people cant get enough good eggs. once word gets out you will be getting more hens

4. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    We take ours to 2 farmers markets. Last Saturday we sold 20 cartons in 1 1/2 hrs. Could have sold more, but we held 8 back for the other market on Tuesday. We always sellout.

Kinda wish I hadn't sold as many POL pullets this year. LOL

5. Briney Dave

Briney Dave Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Fremont, Ohio
    I don't even have a coop built yete and a number of people have started a list. I have said repeatedly that I am not selling eggs, yet there is a list.

so yea, word of mouth will work great unless you will have a ton to sell, at which point I personally would rather go to market than have an open invite to goofy city people to try to buy eggs from me cheaper than at walmart only to be mad because they cost more

6. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

I have the demand for about 10 dozen per week from co-workers and friends. Currently I have 12 laying hens and our own family likes eggs so, demand is much stronger than supply. Never have enough on hand to sell, sometimes not enough for us to eat! Once you get the word out that you have eggs available and people try REAL eggs - they never go back to store bought if they can help it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by