Selling Eggs??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hanh3197, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Hanh3197

Hanh3197 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Bay Area
    So if you want to sell eggs only to family and friends... do you need a license or what?
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
  3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Where I live I can sell eggs from our own property but If I sell them off the property them I have to go by the FDA regulations and the eggs have to be sanitized. I used to sell eggs to some local markets.

4. briteday

briteday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Northern NV
    My eggs are free...it's the carton that costs [​IMG]

5. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    If it's just to family and friends I wouldn't ask such questions.

6. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    I plan on selling to family and friends, or gifting whatever...no rules as far as I have ever heard, it may be different if you plan on selling at a Farmer's Market or something...that you may want to check into...otherwise, let them enjoy fresh eggs!

7. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Quote:Thats a creative way to put it!!!!

I am involved in a yearly fundraiser and we do someting similar involving beverages. You buy the cup for $5 and its bottomless unless you lose your cup then you got to buy another cup. All drinks are free.Its up to you what beverage you prefer like BEER,water,tonic or soda or pop(pending what part ot the country your in) or perhaps BEER. Did I mention that BEER is available? Since the club does not have a alcoholic beverage license, protocol insists we give it away.

I am surprised that my state doesn't make you get a permit to sell farm goods,of course for a nominal fee.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by