selling fertile eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Confusedfarmer, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Confusedfarmer

Confusedfarmer In the Brooder

Mar 15, 2008
    We have NH Reds, Buff orpington, Golden Comet and mix breed eggs that we would like to sell. The hatch rate is around 90%. The asking price is $10.00 a dozen including shipping $12.00 including shipping and insurance. If you would like a dozen or more eggs please write to us at [email protected] or you are free to respond on Backyardchickens.com

Confused Farmer

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Are your NHs separated for pure eggs, then? Thanks.

3. Confusedfarmer

Mar 15, 2008
    The new hampshire reds the comets and orpingtons are all in different coops with there roo's to keep them pure bred then i have a coop that has alittle of everything for people who wants mixed.

4. speckledhen

Thank you. I have a customer who wants a NH hen or two and since I'm hatching several breeds in April, had a thought maybe I could hatch a group so she could get a couple then, but I'm not sure I have bator space for this go-round. Good to know you have them, though!

5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Songster

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    isnt golden comet a sexlink, so it will not hatch true???

6. Confusedfarmer

Mar 15, 2008
    To tell you the truth im not sure on that one i just have them with there roosters and so i call them pure bred im sorry if there not.

Confused Farmer.

7. speckledhen

Yes, a Golden Comet is a sexlink hybrid layer and will not breed true.

8. Illinois_ Kelly

Illinois_ Kelly Songster

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    Confused Farmer-
    If you want to continue the sexlink Gold Comets, put your RIR hens in with a White Rock rooster. That is the sex link combination.

Hope this helps.
    Kelly

9. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Songster

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    I would like a dozen Buff Orpington.

10. skeeter

skeeter Songster

Nov 19, 2007
    Parma Idaho
    Quote:No,that wont work you need RIR roo and White Rock hens for sexlink,and I think that would be a red sexlink I belive the golden is RIR/RIW

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: