Selling most of my silkie flock (NC)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Jun 18, 2007.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I am sadly selling most of my silkies out of neccesity for now. I've thrown this around a few times, but this time I just don't have a choice. A few people have first dibs on a few, but otherwise, all the rest are going to go. I will get pictures of any you want. All are buff unless otherwise noted. I am in the foothills of NC, half way between Asheville and Hickory. Pick up (which I'd much prefer) or I can do shipping to areas where the weather permits (not willing to ship all the way across the U.S, though due to heat and the health of the birds is the most important to me.) If shipping any older than a few weeks of age, please keep in mind you'll have to pay for Express (which STARTS around $35 per box and then box charge of $8 (which is what it cost me). I want these to all go to good homes, please do not buy them just to sell them at a flea market and especially not to eat. :-(

I have a rooster and 3 hens (not positive on any of their lines). Asking $55 for all 4 of them. (Which is less than I paid on the roo alone). One of the girls is buff partridge and throws some pure partridge (with gorgeous vaulted skulls). These have to go all together, I will not seperate them.

I have various others from my eggs, buff, buff partridge and pure partridge. Younger ones go for $4, olders go from $5-10, depending on quality. I have them from a few days old up to 2 months. I have a definitely cockeral w/ great foot feathering that is around 2 months old that I will take $8 for.

I also have one white (which I think is a boy), non bearded that I will let go for $3 that I hatched from someone else.

2. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    oh, what a shame-I know how hard you've worked to build your stock up. When I saw this post and then who it was by I said "no way".
    I hope all goes well for you, some decisions are so hard to make.
    take care

3. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    I emailed you!!

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Thanks Robin [​IMG] I'm still keeping a few...like 4...One adult from sassy silkies, one other one and then a few babies that I hatched from Bobbi.

We are seriously just overrun and hubby has been working two jobs for 7 months and needs to quit his 2nd job for his own mental and physical well being so I'm trying to make it easier money wise. The rest of the birds are the kids so the silkies are really the only ones I can part with. [​IMG] And we probably have about 40-50 right now including babies. That's a LOT for us. hehe

I should also mention we just got NPIP tested so these birds are from an NPIP flock if that's a concern.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by