Selling my goslings?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by nsanywhere, Mar 19, 2011.

1. nsanywhere

nsanywhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    I can't keep the 5 babies my goose hatched (already have enough birds!), so I think I'd like to sell them. They are sebastopols, not your "run of the mill" goose!

SO, any ideas how much I should charge? I don't think I can get into the shipping (have to keep them warm, etc.) so I guess I have to stay local. Unless anyone has experience with this to share?

Is there a price anyone recommends? Is it by my region (northeast Pennsylvania), or by goose type? I know my original sebastopols were $75 each from the hatchery, so do I stick with that?

Any advice/input appreciated!

2. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    at my feed store gosling are 14.99 each i would think sebbies would be a couple dollars more i would think but not certain

3. Oh,I just love the looks of Sebbies !!!
    I would offer them for $50.00 to $75.00 per gosling ,It is about the average pricing for Sebbie goslings but also depends on your area.
    Do you have any pics you can post ?

Fay

4. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I don't know what the parents of your geese quality is, or pedigree , but Seb goslings from hatcheries generally run $45+
    I suggest you post pics of the parents online and use common sense to price them for your area and the economy.
    A good home is always taken into consideration when I place mine, which influences what I charge [​IMG]. Best of luck!

5. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:When everything is said and done Price depends on what people in your area are willing to pay for your goslings And how badly you want to sell them. If the parents are good looking I would start at $50 EACH (you can always go down from there if someone is interested but bulks at the price.

6. Jenifer Kraus

Jenifer Kraus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    It usually depends on the quality of the parents. If you have some fall pictures of them after moulting that would be best. I sure would not post any of them now right after breeding season as we know they don't look very good. Happy homes is always #1 on my list.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by