Selling My Sebastopol Flock!!! $114 each!!! Great Price!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by JordanFamily, Jul 11, 2011.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    NOW ONLY 12 LEFT!!!! Please do not click buy it now but contact me if you are interested in my geese. They are $114 each. I'm selling my flock because I'm tired of preditors killing them... Please guys take these birds before they are all eaten!!! I have tried everything!!! I will not have them anymore... These all come from Holderreads show stock or are descendants of his show stock.. I have lowered the price drimatically to get them sold ASAP!!! I have several colors, even rare lavenders in this flock... Here are the different birds in this flock. Please note all younger birds will be breeding and laying next spring just like the older birds...
    I am new to this breed so am not sure on what colors are which so please look at the pics... I'm asking $114 per a bird... All geese come as is but seem to be healthy and nice looking to me... They are not vaccinated in any way. I can ship them but shipping can be expensive so call for a qoute... It is hot right now and I can not hold these guys until cooler weather to ship them, so you are shipping at your own risk... ( No live on arrival guarantees with shipping right now)!!! I do put a cool gelatin mixture in for them to snack on to hydrate them during the trip which does seem to help, and have shipped adults with the temps high at 85 with no problems... I would have no problem shipping a bird express that I would take to my PO at 5pm and you would receive it at your local PO in the AM the next mourning... There is really only a risk if you are in a 2 day express zip code... I can always look into it for you to see when your bird would be at your PO... So there are wyas around shipping in the heat of the day most of the time... It helps that I'm in MO and in the middle of the US...
    Kristina 816-293-5155

Here are the pics. Please They are numbered so make sure you tell me which number you are wanting.

Pic #1 is lavender male... I have two of them and they are around 5 months old... Both look curly... Everyone wants the lavenders so if you buy a lavender you must also buy another bird as well... They are both brothers from lavender parents.
    [​IMG]

#2 Female Splash spots on lower back... around 5 months
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    #3 Fem around 2 or 3 solid white
    [​IMG]

#4 Female gray (SOLD) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#5 Female white 1 to 2 years of age smooth feathered, nice streamers, just not curly
    [​IMG]

#6 Male splash... around 5 months
    [​IMG]

#7 Male solid white 2 or 3 years old
    [​IMG]

#8 Male light blue or lavender splash with lots of color 5 months
    [​IMG]

#9 Female white with some gray tips on her feathers on lower back, possible splash...
    [​IMG]

#10 Female solid white 1 or 2 years old
    [​IMG]

#11 Female solid white 1 or 2 years old
    [​IMG]

#12 Male white with freckles and soome color to the ends of some feathers... 1 1/2 years old
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    Is the gray splash female curly?

3. JordanFamily

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Quote:Look at updated pics... Thanks

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  4. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    Do you have any idea how much it would be to ship them like a dog on a plane? I seriously want 3 of them but can't figure out how to get them without a more than 14 hour trip.

5. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Emmalynn

I had a pair of adult Sebastopols shipped from Holderreads a few years ago. They were able to ship the pair in one large box via express mail. It was around $150.00 for the expresss mail & box. I think it is likely to hot to ship currently as Holderreads only ship adults during the fall or winter months.

These are lovely geese and that gray female is to die for.

Is anyone making a trip from Kansas to Colorado that can transport some geese?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  6. JordanFamily

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Quote:To ship one adult it would cost around $30 for a box and then around $70 t0 $80 to ship it... I maybe able to get 2 or three of the smaller ones in a large box and that would be the same cost for the box but higher shipping .... If you go to USPS.com you can see shipping rates via express mail... My zip code is 64701... My guess is one adult would be around 17 pounds and the smaller ones half that... Thanks

7. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    If you try to ship them now they will die. Geese don't tolerate heat in shipping well, especially as adults/subadults. If purchased, will you wait for cooler weather to ship or is the predation so bad you don't think you could keep them safe until fall?

8. JordanFamily

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Quote:No I need them gone asap... So if you are worried about it being to hot I would suggest picking them up... They are getting killed nightly and now I have to keep them in a small inclosed room without a wading pool... So they need to go NOW!!!

9. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I would love to help you out and I even have an Empty pen with an empty kiddie pool (Did have extra drakes in there but they went to butcher camp.) But the problem is I only have the money to buy one though.

10. JordanFamily

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Quote:Then buy one and then when u get the money buy a second one.... I will sell them seperatly... with the only exception being if you want a lavender you will need to get two birds... You will not find them cheaper then this unless you buy day olds which do not always make it to adulthood... Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by