Selling my Sebastopols... Pricing???

JordanFamily

Crowing
16 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Archie, MO
I see others selling their Sebastopols for lots more than what I'm asking but no one seems to be interested??? Any ideas why? I have nice birds from Holderreads show lines and even some rare colors such as lavender... I'm only asking $114 each which I thought was a steal... But no one seems to be interested in my auction.... Do you think it is because I'm selling all 14 of them together for the one price??? I just want them all to go asap so I think I may need to split them into trios or fours... What do you guys think??? How much should I ask for the trios? fours? Or should I ask more for the coloreds or for the ones that are older???
I know I have 1 solid white male in with 4 solid white females that are all 1 to 3 years of age, the male is curly and 3 of the females are curly...
. Then I have a white curly male with some color in his feathers in with a gray curly female...
Then I have several youngsters that has 2 lavender males, 1 saddleback female,(the sb female is not curly),... And then some light colored other unsexed goslings.... I just do not know what to ask for them and how I should split them up if I need to to sell them seperately... Any ideas would be greatly appriciated... Thanks, Kristina 816-293-5155

I went ahead and changed the auction to selling them individually or in groups as wanted.... I think the $114 each is a good price and much less than what I have seen out there... Thanks, Kristina

Kristina
My heart goes out to you. I think your pricing is fine, maybe it is the timing and distance.
I wish you were closer to Ohio...the male with the gray blue tips and lavenders are so very beautiful..they would be a great addition to my buff dewlaps.
I hope you find homes for them soon.
Blessings.
jj

I think part of the problem was the fact that you were selling them all as one group, that's a large amount of money to spend on 'birds'. Also, your location might have something to do with it, but I understand you can't ship. It's too hot to ship now anyway, so you'd have to keep them until the fall...which wouldn't do you much good.

Hope you are able to rehome your birds, and I'm so sorry you have to sell them all
sad.png

I would split them up by color and quality and price them that way instead of a set price for all of them...... I looked at your auction and some of them were still pretty young. It is hard to tell the quality on the young ones until they mature.

Most goslings Ive seen have been around $50.00 to $75.00 depending on age, obviously the older they get the more they cost. As for adults, Ive seen prices as low as $50.00 a pair in my area for pet quality and the highest Ive seen online was $200.00 each for elite show quality. You have to keep in mind the times were living in too. With so many people losing jobs, and a lot of them their homes, $114.00 is a lot of money for one bird even if it is top quality. Like alot of other people on here, if they could be shipped in the fall, I would love to have some. Its a shame you have to let them go. Good luck finding homes for them.
wink.png

I was thinking the same...Its alot of birds to get at one time and alot of money to fork out at 1 time. I did notice you had split them down and maybe if there were people interested in singles you could let them go as singles. I hope you manage to find them all new homes before it breaks your heart even more it is now
hugs.gif

Maybe one of the hatcheries would want the entire group if they are good breeders and have good bloodlines.

I pay plenty for my birds, but it certainly looks like a big chunk of change all at one time to buy them as a flock.

Sebs aren't my breed, but I suspect that to get that price they would all have to have excellent feathering. Usually a group price is discounted from the individual price. So say you are asking $114 each if the entire group is taken, I, personally, wouldn't be interested unless they were $150 geese (or better). Otherwise, if I am paying $114 each for geese worth $114, I would want to just pick out the very best ones and leave the rest of them.

OK, I know I am a cheapskate, but I'd have to be getting a great deal to take the entire flock. However, it is not that I won't pay high prices to get what I want.

I saw a flock of Pomeranian geese on a Norwegian TV show that had me falling to my knees and drooling all down my front. Even though I can buy top exhibition quality Pomeranians for $40 apiece, I would more than gladly pay $114 each for those geese I saw on TV and take 10 of them, or even 20 of the at the same time. I'd find the money. I'd be dancing a happy jig to spend that much money to get those geese.

If I wanted Sebs (I don't) I'd pay over $1,000 to get the ones (flock) I want. But the economy is bad. They'd have to be darn nice because I have other things to spend my money on. I could pay $114 apiece for a goose and a gander and end up with all the Sebs I wanted. If spending $1,000 was the only way to get my hands on spectacular geese, I would pay it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom