Selling on eBay makes me want to bang my head into the wall!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hollywood Chickens, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    I can't stand these people!! I sold used Ferragamo shoes on eBay for $6.00 and the buyer is upset because they have been worn!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] why do these people follow me!!!!

I go to the thrift stores near me and they often have barely worn designer shoes and clothing which I have been selling on eBay for the past year, but about once a month a get some loony how thinks used items should be in new condition!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. birdsNbeesNseeds

birdsNbeesNseeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    As long as you were truthful in the listing and/or had a representative photo, then too bad for her.

She may have misread the listing, but that's her fault.

You can give some people free ice cream, and they'll say you didn't give them the right flavor.

3. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    I know how you feel. I sold a book and the buyer said I charged $7 for priority mail and then shipped it for only $3.55.. I never offered priority mail for any book.. I only offered media mail at $4.. Wow now how is that overcharged.. Her invoice said $4.. Paypal said she paid $4.. What are peoples problems any way.. She was trying to get me to give her back the difference.. I dont think so. I never recieved the extra from her that she says.. Made me very upset.. But I guess you get those kind of people once in awhile..

Just take it with a grain of salt.. Or maybe a cup of it if the people are bad enough..

Maybe next time write the word USED larger and bolder..

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Get used to it if you use Ebay alot. We had one last year that was to funny. We state very clearly in our auctions that we ship in plain unmarked boxes and if the buyer wants the box marked to let us know. Sooooooooo what feedback did they leave? Something like "eggs very well packed but didn't mark the box fragile" ??????? This was from one of our one BYC members no less, my responce back was didn't you read the body of the auction. Another good ebay tip.... make good use of the block buyer option, that way you can weed them out over time and the best part is when they come back at a later date asking why have you blocked me from bidding? [​IMG]

Steve

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  5. Hollywood Chickens

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    I sell on eBay a lot! I have a woman's clothing store on eBay and I sell over $2000 a month.

The shoes said used in 3 places and I use 18 point font in all of my listings so that this doesn't happen.

a year ago someone bought a jacket from me and then sent pictures of a different jacket to eBay saying I sold her a stained jacket!!! eBay realized the pics were phony because they were dated 3 years before I sold her the jacket!!!!!

I am getting really aggravated with this one because she is threatening to sue me!!!!! and call the police!! we live in the same city so she could really harass me.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Yikes. Stalker much? Let her call the police. At worst they will tell her this is a civil matter.
    At best they'll look at the actual ad, and the product, and say Lady Drop It, and it'll be on record.

[​IMG] I've got some nice, used, size 10 steel toes you can borrow if she gets to be too big a problem.

7. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Ugh, don't even get me started on selling on E-Bay... I quit! I had SO MANY people who scammed me, or didn't like a product, and gave me bad reviews even though it was their fault for not reading the post correctly... arugh. I gave up when a guy in Canada claimed he did not get a package even though he did... my fault for not insuring it. *Sigh* and in the same week the USPS lost one of my packages in the mail and sent the the empty box... WHAT???

8. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    I quit selling AND buying on ebay some time ago. Once in a while I'll browse, but that's about it. It's just gotten to be a hotbed of trouble from all sides and my days are not long enough for it.

9. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Since eBay adoped their "buyer is always right" policy I've quit using them. You can't even leave the appropriate feedback for jerk buyers anymore. They've made it so easy for sellers to be taken advantage of. It use to be the other way around, buyer beware. But now if a buyer files a complaint the seller is automatically wrong. Then they take YOUR money, give it back to them along WITH the item you sold. No investigation of buyer, just take your money and give it back. I've always had an "as is" policy and describe item in great detail with pic. Doesn't matter to eBay how big an idiot the buyer is.

10. Hollywood Chickens

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Quote:[​IMG] my shoe size is 10 also!

This idiot admitted that she had no intention on returning the shoes!! she just wanted the money and the shoes!! my mother gave her the Chief of Police phone number and told her to go right ahead! I just gave her the refund it is not worth my time for all of this insanity.

eBay's policies are getting out of hand. I really hate it that I can't leave neg feedback for buyers but plenty of people can leave neg and neutral for me, I hate it when people leave positive comments in the neutral category.

I am looking for a good web hosting place so if anyone knows of one please tell me!!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by