Selling our old mower, is this a fair price?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Robin'sBrood, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
  2. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    looks fair to me.

3. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Wow, 3 people replied in 4 minutes! I think this thing is already sold! [​IMG]

4. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    it's worth that in parts alone. the price is more than fair.

5. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Really? And I almost listed it as "come get it, it's free" [​IMG]

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I have one of those. I really just want it GONE, but I paid $250 for it so that has kept me from posting a "come and get it" ad.

I could probably get it fixed for less than I paid to replace it [​IMG] but I've been so happy with my new mower that I haven't bothered to get the junker fixed. I really just need to get rid of it.

I agree the motor is worth more than the entire thing, but people just want something for nothing on craiglist. There's plenty of working mowers going for $100 I feel like a "engine good, starter bad" type one wouldn't go for much. Plus mine has one of those back double bag mulching systems - you know they cost $300+ new just for that attachment!

7. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Why don't you list yours as a "for parts" mower and gets at least a little $ out of it?

8. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

If I can get DH to load it in the truck I might have it fixed at the small engine place down the road.

I saw the same one sell on my craiglist for $150, without the mulch bag, so maybe I can get more since I have the bag system? I have a small truck though and the mower is too wide, I have to borrow MIL's truck to haul it around [​IMG]

SO as you can see we just keep putting it off [​IMG]

9. SophieLain127

SophieLain127 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    It's fair in my opinion. In ohio where I live we sell running "ugly" mowers for $40, running nice mowers for $50, mowers with extras (baggers/self propelled/etc) for $60 and broken non working mowers for $5 each.

We've sold three this spring alone.

10. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    So far 7 people have responded, each wanting to "come get it now." They're going to have to wait until DH gets home and then it's first come (with cash in hand), first get. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by