selling quail eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by fiorentinagal, Jul 28, 2014.

1. fiorentinagal

fiorentinagal New Egg

Jan 27, 2013
    I would like to start selling my organic quail eggs for eating. Any recommendations on prices for a 24 pack?
    Thank you everyone!

2. Quail Jailer

Quail Jailer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    That depends entirely on where you live. Here quail eggs are not as popular as in some places so ours sell cheap. infertile food eggs $15 / 100.

3. fiorentinagal

fiorentinagal New Egg

Jan 27, 2013
    I live in Southern Oregon..I was thinking 5-6 dollars for 24. Thanks for your reply!

4. Quail Jailer

Quail Jailer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    One member here says the going rate where he lives is $8/doz

But I couldn't look my customers in the eye at that price.

you may very well be in the ballpark for your area, $2-3 /doz is not unheard of.

I'm happy at .15 an egg, that more than covers the feed and I don't feel like I'm ripping my customers off (around here people simply compare to chicken eggs)

They do seem to be gaining in popularity.

5. Sill

Sill Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    For organic eggs $3 a dozen would be minimum here, I've seen them for $5-6 a dozen for organic eating eggs. We do have a large Asian population here, but the Hispanics seem to be liking them too.

6. SliderShooter

SliderShooter Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2011
    Rice Country, CA
    If you are feeding 100% organic to your layers, you are going to have to get a lot of money for your 24 pack of eggs to recover the cost of the feed. Take a pencil to it and come up with a price. Organic eggs will bring a premium price.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by