SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
With an active house hold Im having to repaint (but I actually love it
smile.png
)
Yall helped me so much with my bathroom Id like to ask for yalls help again!

Im going to keep it all here in this one thread.
Now, this is a manufactured house on 1.2 acres. We are going to put it up for around $60,000 so Im not looking to do any MAJOR renovations.
We arent even going to replace the carpets, but are willing to work with the buyers on it (we dont want to have to move everything out then back in.. just to move it out again)

Im going to need help with colors, what to put where in the staging, picking out art, etc.

Here is a layout of the house:
House-1.jpg

Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated
smile.png

Last edited:
Ok, here is my dining room
I need to put SOMETHING on this wall. I thought a mirror.. but the reflection would just be the kitchen
hmm.png

dining.jpg

I need to pick a color for the living room that will match the kitchen..
Any suggestions?
(excuse the mess.. Im getting ready for a garage sale and have painting stuff around)
livingdining.jpg

And here is where I use to have the kitchen table.. Now there is this big huge empty space. Im looking to fill it with something inexpensive.. And some kind of art on the wall.. (im painting it the same color as the dining room)
kitchen.jpg

if I were going to buy a house, I would not want any bold colors. I would want a color that I would not feel intimidated painting over.
I might love the idea of a sage green kitchen, but someone else might think it looks like nausea, and not really consider the house on the 'Purchase" list.
I would paint the ceilings though, if they need it. A brighter feel to the house, than the one someone just looked at, might be important.
Good luck with it all. And as far as carpet, I think you are correct, clean them and leave it up to the new owners to decide what they want to live with.

Light ceilings, repaint the walls (if needed) in the same colours. Put in a very large piece of artwork that has bright bold blues and maybe some colour that matches the rusty colour of the sofa. A bold, bright blue vase on the table filled with rusty coloured flowers, or switch it around with a rusty coloured vase and bright blue flowers. Maybe some bright blue accents such as sofa pillows, dishcloths/hot pads. If you prefer you could go with a bright medium purple.

Use dark frames, or wash in bright bold blue. Look at Goodwill and thrift shops for artwork or mirrors. Consider getting a large canvas at some place like JoAnns and making your own painting. It can be abstract splashes of colour, stick figure drawings or museum quality art--whatever fits your talent. Don't worry about it needing to be "good enough." Your goal is to add colour and make your rooms pop.

I do agree with not using non-neutral colours on things that remain--people want to think about how their things will fit into the space, and they will have their own colour preferences. That said, even if your colours aren't there, having a coordinated well-designed space will grab their attention; seeing that the real colours are in accessories will make a tranition to their own preferences seem easier. For walls, do not use expensive paint--use the least expensive that will do the job. There is a reall good chance that the purchaser will repaint to their taste.

For the kitchen corner, how about a fake tree or tall potted plant (real is better than fake), an easy chair (oe even a pair) with an end table and floor or table lamp. Use the same bright colours you are using elsewhere. Get a large bulletin board, paint the frame bright blue and center the calendar on it vertically--then hang on wall; it will give a finished look.

I heard yellow invokes buyers.. so plant merigolds or use them in pots.

I painted the hall bathroom a yellowish gold
tongue.png

But My ceilings are good. Nice and white. Im redoing/touching up the crown molding as well.

That is a good idea to look at good will and other thrift stores!
I really like metal work. When all the Freds were closing down I went and bought a few things for CHEAP. I would like to find deals like that!
Poking around hobby lobby and such seems to prove expensive.

That leather couch is being moved out (no room for it). I thought about putting in the kitchen but didnt want people thinking...
'Why is there a leather couch in the kitchen?'
tongue.png

The color of the couches are a microfiber charcoal grey.

I thought about putting a bakers rack in the kitchen but thought maybe it would be to lonely looking?

I watched a Sell that House (ow whatever it was called) where pretty much the entire house was yellow. They accented with reds and it was gorgeous. If you keep the sage green color, accent that with cream and purple. It's amazing how just a little color will change the look of an entire room-something simple like a bright bold tablecloth, or pillows, flowers, etc. When in doubt, go with earthy tones.

I would keep the dining room and the living room the same color and make the kitchen a seperate color rather than make your dining room and kitchen the same. From your diagram, it appears more like the kitchen is seperated and the dining room just runs smoothly into the living room. That way, when you're eating you can look around and it all will flow together. JMO

The Kitchen and dining run together more than the living room.
Its all OPEN. That little divider between the kitchen and dining is a small wall where the fridge goes.
To paint it a different color Id have to make a straight line down the wall under and above the cabnets. Tried it and it just doesnt look... great.
Plus Ive already painted that wall the same color
lol.png

What if I painted it all the same color and used a different accent color for each room?
I have a rug in the living room that has a lot of squares and one of them is the wall color.
I guess I could pull a color off that and use one for each room?

And its more of a yellowish green than a sage green.
I think the SO and I see the world in a different "tint". He swears its one color and I swear its another
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom