1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Selling Used Cell Phone Online???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by booker81, Mar 26, 2011.

1. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    I finally got my order in for a new phone (yay work discounts), and the person at Verizon mentioned I could trade in my old phone for a gift card. Verizon will give me $32.

I went online and gazelle.com will give me $59.

Digicircle.com will pay $69.

Obviously, I'm greedy and want the most, but I've never used either gazelle or digicircle, and want to make sure they're legit - and I'll get my money. Has anyone every used these?

The phone is a Droid Eris [​IMG] (I'm getting a Droid X).

2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I used sellmycell.com, I think - took awhile, but I got the money

3. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Ive only ever sold them on ebay, and bought from there as well. Great when your phone breaks and your not up for a new one yet.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  4. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    My dd is in the market for a "new/used" cell phone. her hand me down is about broke and we are not up for a "free upgrade" yet. What do you look for in a cell phone on ebay?

carol

5. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:most cell phones on ebay are reconditioned. I check the sellers rating and feedback and the condition of the phone in the listing. most are not perfect but i will accept some scuffs for a major discount. I just got a $200 phone for my son for $72, he goes thru them so buying them new is not an option.

6. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    eBay has an instant sale thing, try contacting them? My iPad went for about 75% retail if that tells you anything.

7. GarlicEater

GarlicEater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Gilroy, CA
    Gazelle's legit.

This is intriguing. During the warm 6 months the land owner and I love to go out garage-sale'ing. I thought used cells were worth maybe $5 on a good day, sounds like they may be worth more? I need to keep an eye open for used cells.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by