1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"Semi" 911 help

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by foamspoon, Dec 13, 2008.

1. foamspoon

foamspoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2007
    I just got two new goats today. the pervious owner game me iglo dog houses for them each. It is dark out and they are still staring at me inside the house and not going into their house. Should I be concerned? Or will they go it when they fell like it. I know they might be adjusting to their new surrondings.

Thnaks,

Bryan

2. Igloo plastic doghouses? Did they use those where they came from? That seems like they would be too short for them to get into, unless they're tiny goats...
    Did you put straw down in the bottom or something?

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Goats don't got to bed at dark. You might find them out and active during all hours of the night.

What size is the igloo? How big are the goats?

4. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Congrats on your new goats!

If you bed down the houses, they'll go in when they want to. I use shavings or wheat straw.

They're going to be freaked out for a few days...but they'll get into a routine. I highly suggest some ProBios for the first week.

5. foamspoon

Apr 17, 2007
    They are pygmies and the iglools are plenty big. I put shavings down for them. They seem ok it is only 27 out with no wind.

thanks for the help!

Bryan

6. foamspoon

Apr 17, 2007
    they went in an seem to be happy.

thanks for the help!

Bryan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by