Semi Annual APA Show in Avoca, Iowa

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by AnSfarms, Apr 25, 2008.

1. AnSfarms

AnSfarms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Nebraska
    Anyone plan on going to the Semi Annual APA show in Avoca, Iowa on Mother's Day weekend?

I am going and plan on taking a few Buckeyes, bantam wyandottes and silkies to show. This show usually has around 900 birds, but should push to around 1200 for the APA show.

They also have a pretty good amount of sale birds at this show as well and I also plan on bringing some birds to sell if anyone is interested.

I have some year + old silkies to sell which includes:
    blue partridge hen
    2 partridge hens
    1 white hen (Pet quality due to a 6th toe)
    couple blue pairs
    couple black pairs

Also some younger silkies from late 07 hatch:
    sell in pairs -White, Blue, Black, Splash, Partridge
    These birds are in excellent condition and very good quality. Also a few that are of pet quality due to toes, or coloring such as a couple black roos with gold or silver in hackle

A few Standard Buckeye pairs from my exhibition breeders, and Salmon Faverolles.

A few bantam wyandottes in black and white, and some Bantam Salmon Faverolles Cockerels.

I would be glad to deliver to the show or would be willing to ship at your expense.

Contact me for prices of any of the birds listed and may also have some pictures or could take some.

2. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Hi I was so happy to see your post! I am interested in looking at the standard buckeyes that you have for sale. I am going to the show. Please bring birds to sell, and I'll bring crates.

My sister Sharon and I are working together on the Buckeyes and she contacted you through eggbid.

I have done one culling on my Buckeyes. They lay such a pretty egg. My email address is at the bottom of this post.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Karen Malmberg

[email protected]

3. AnSfarms

Mar 15, 2007
    Nebraska
    Karen,

Glad to someone else interested in an American heritage breed. I believe some of the people from the SPPA are coming to the show as well.

I have a pair on eggbid now ending tomorrow

http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1209852356

but
    I was planning on bringing up a few pair to the show. I would have entered a few of the boys but they have been all together over winter and this spring and have each others wings beat to [email protected]#[email protected]$

Look forward to meeting you. I have 3 of my girls entered of which are my breeding base. 2 are just at a year old and the old hen is a knockout!!

4. wren

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    I can't wait to get my hands on your birds! lol Seriously maybe you will show me what you brought. I have one rooster that I like and one that is huge. My hens are okay. My sister tells me that she did not buy the pair on eggbid.

Do your roos raise their hackles at each other when they prepare to fight? Mine do its neat to see.

I hope to talk to you there,

Karen

5. AnSfarms

Mar 15, 2007
    Nebraska
    Souds good!!

I have 3 pair to bring. They are getting into the dw hostas and tearing them apart so time to move them!!

Are you bringing any birds to show?

We are showing silkies, bantam wyandottes and the Buckeyes.

Going to be busy this week getting everything ready, washed, and prepared for the show!

6. wren

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    I'm just bringing myself and some empty cages.

I hope your prep goes well!

Karen

7. wren

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Hey so do you have some buckeyes to sell?

8. AnSfarms

Mar 15, 2007
    Nebraska
    The 3 pair I spoke of are what I am selling. I have 3 other girls that will be in the show.

Also have silkies to sell and will bring some that are pet quality to show quality. Some of my pet quality birds are very nice birds but I have a few black roos with red or silver in their hackles and a few blues and splash that have only 4 toes on one of their feet. Those birds can't be shown, but they still look very good and would be nice lawn ornaments.

I also will have some bantam white wyandotte roosters from last fall's hatch. I have 8 of these guys and maybe a hen or 2 to go along with them.

9. AnSfarms

Mar 15, 2007
    Nebraska
    Karen,

when are you coming over to the show? Sometime Saturday I would guess? Reason I ask is that other show people will raid the sale coops to see if there is anything worth buying Friday night.

Washing up the last few show birds and getting everything loaded up ready to go later this afternoon.

10. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Wish I was going but with gas as high as it is and a 230mi trip can't make it:( Hope to make it to the show in Nov

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by