Semi naked chick pix inside

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NellaBean, Aug 16, 2010.

1. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    LOL JUST KIDDING.

Somebody needs to finish her molt before she is looks even WORSE. She has so many pinfeathers it feels like a porcupine when you pick her up.

Oh....also.....she is a COCHIN. Can you tell? Poor bird......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My eyes are burning! You know, you broke a cardinal rule! You should never post pics of a hen in her time of shame. Bad, Janelle! LOL.

3. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    But but but.....its so funny. Poor thing looks HORRIBLE. She tried going broody recently...and actually did really well....even hatched a chick out. But she was on a high nesting box, the chick fell out and 2 other broody hens STOLE it. LOL. She gave up being broody after that. Or maybe she realized she didn't have enough feathers to keep a chick warm and put it up for adoption. [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Or maybe she realized she didn't have enough feathers to keep a chick warm and put it up for adoption. lau

Hahaha!​

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Cute pic, even if you did break the cardinal BYC rule.

I'm raising turkens AND my adult brahmas are molting, so I'm getting used to seeing naked chickens. [​IMG]

6. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Hehe. Yes, you broke a BIG rule! She's probably too embarassed to do anything!

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    All my pet birds are moulting. Oscar my Amazon parrot is always so embarrassed for anybody to see his pinfeathers. He hides behind his rope toy and pouts if I try to look at him. I have one cockatiel who dissects fallen feathers with the intensity of a forensic pathologist. He'll stand on the feathered end and with incredible dexterity strip the waxy root layer by layer. Years ago I had a stray banty rooster who liked to entice the ladies with a feather. He'd snatch a fallen feather and throw it in the air as part of his courtship dance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by