NellaBean

Graceland Farms
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Broodyland, TN
My Coop
My Coop
LOL JUST KIDDING.

Somebody needs to finish her molt before she is looks even WORSE. She has so many pinfeathers it feels like a porcupine when you pick her up.

Oh....also.....she is a COCHIN. Can you tell? Poor bird......

46248_1370373544834_1396616701_30852744_6313617_n.jpg

Last edited:
But but but.....its so funny. Poor thing looks HORRIBLE. She tried going broody recently...and actually did really well....even hatched a chick out. But she was on a high nesting box, the chick fell out and 2 other broody hens STOLE it. LOL. She gave up being broody after that. Or maybe she realized she didn't have enough feathers to keep a chick warm and put it up for adoption.
lau.gif

Cute pic, even if you did break the cardinal BYC rule.

I'm raising turkens AND my adult brahmas are molting, so I'm getting used to seeing naked chickens.
cool.png

All my pet birds are moulting. Oscar my Amazon parrot is always so embarrassed for anybody to see his pinfeathers. He hides behind his rope toy and pouts if I try to look at him. I have one cockatiel who dissects fallen feathers with the intensity of a forensic pathologist. He'll stand on the feathered end and with incredible dexterity strip the waxy root layer by layer. Years ago I had a stray banty rooster who liked to entice the ladies with a feather. He'd snatch a fallen feather and throw it in the air as part of his courtship dance.

Back
Top Bottom