Semi-newbie need help with Bantam ID

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Artemis1, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Artemis1

Artemis1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2014
    Northwest Montana
    Thanks for reading! About a month ago, I bought 12 bantam chicks who were supposedly between 2 and 4 weeks old. I am starting to suspect that one group (we call them the "Blacks") may have been older. My girls and I literally had to run through the seller's yard to catch the chicks, so we didn't have time to really see what we had. BUT! My 5 year old had decided on and had her heart set that she would have a white one to name "Marshmallow"...we were able to nab a white one, yay! But he (i suspect) is much diffetent from the rest.

He is beautiful, but I am unsure of what he is. White with light grey, neat speckles and clean-legged. The seller had many various types of mama and papa bantams, so i have quite a few mixes. Mutts are cool, but this little guy is just very different from the rest. I also have one named "Rocky Road", who should be arpund 7-8 weeks yet has pin feathers on his wings still. I was told that he or she (I HOPE) is probably a frizzle. The Blacks have developed their own flock and, of course, 4 of the 5 of them are roos. Theyve been crowing like mad for about 2 weeks. One is a Modern Game and thankfully, she's a hen. Don't want to give her up. I only give the other types to help show just how diverse this seller's birds were. I have tried to contact her, but she hasnt returned any emails. Thanks!

2. Artemis1

Aug 12, 2014
    Northwest Montana
    Ugh, photos won't load...i will keep trying, i apologize.

3. luvmypets

luvmypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2013
    East Coast
    Its probably a mutt. I suggest posting a pic.

1 person likes this.
  4. Artemis1

Aug 12, 2014
    Northwest Montana
    Sorry it took so long, I have slow Internet :)[​IMG]

5. Artemis1

Aug 12, 2014
    Northwest Montana
    As you can see, he sticks out like a sore thumb...
    [​IMG]

6. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

Mutt or not, the white one is very cute. Looks to me to be a rooster as well… a pretty bird nonetheless and its name fits him well.

RJ

1 person likes this.
  7. Artemis1

Aug 12, 2014
    Northwest Montana
    Here are the others[​IMG]

8. Artemis1

Aug 12, 2014
    Northwest Montana
    [​IMG]