Send Feathers for Gulf Oil Spill

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by artsyrobin, May 12, 2010.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    saw this and figured everyone has plenty of feathers here they could help out??

Everyone,

The nonprofit group "Matter of Trust" will take not only human hair and dog hair, but also FEATHERS to make "booms" to soak up oil in the Gulf of Mexico. A "boom" is made of panty hose stuffed with these natural materials. Nylons, pantyhose, etc., also are needed. Here's how the "booms" soak up the oil:

Finally, there is a need for feathers!! Please consider sending feathers to this group. It's quick to sign up; go to:
    http://www.matteroftrust.org

Go to the instructions page. Among the materials accepted, it says, "- we also accept other "natural fibers" horse hair, FEATHERS... "
    The site will ask you to sign up, get an account number, etc., but it takes just a couple minutes.

I shaved one of my dogs yesterday, so I'm sending his fur and as many of Dilly's and Pepe's feathers as I can collect.
    Please consider joining me by donating your feathers to clean up the oil spill before it kills millions more of precious waterfowl.

Thanks!
    Terri in Colo.​

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It would be difficult for me to gather feathers, but I do pray that BP soon get's the well capped.

Sad thing is, this will be a bad thing for our country, but worse yet, Cuba is allowing China & Russia to drill for oil not many miles from where our spill occurred.
    What happens if they cause a spill??????

I hope it doesn't stop our offshore drilling, but I do hope that it will help us engineer better.

3. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Quote:So, who is this "our" you speak of in regard to offshore drilling? There's no "us" out there...it's not "our" rig that sank..

It's BP out there, and BP's rig....BP being British Petroleum...a foreign company.

If nothing else, the spill has highlighted the fact that the US is allowing foreign companies to drill our oil, which will be sold on the open market...likely back to us, and China, and India, etc...at a profit to BP.

Frankly, I hope this does stop offshore drilling in the US since it's only serving to make FOREIGN companies rich at our expense..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by