1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Senor rufus, donde esta?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by country lady, Jan 9, 2009.

1. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    I miss your Spanish posts. What little Spanish I remember and can speak, I enjoy reading your posts.

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
  3. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    Lo siento. Mi esposa estaba burlando de mi "hillbilly spanish." Y por eso, yo deje escribir. Yo estaba bien callado. Y a la misma vez, parece que no hay mucha gente interesado en esa tema.

Nuestro hogar esta situada en un barrio un poco bajo. Hay mucha gente de menor recursos por aqui. Y tambien hay muchos vagabundos, que se llamen "touristas sin fondos."

Y por eso, la quite la rueda de la caretilla. Nadie va a robar una caretilla sin rueda.

Entonces, injertos de chabacanos estaban a la venta en el Home Depot. Los albocoques son mis favoritos, y yo compre dos arbolitos. Y cuando yo fui a emplantar los, la llanta de la caretilla estaba bien flat sin aire.

Y por eso, fuimos a la tienda de llantas. Ya empiezo la batalla. Los empleados de la tienda de llantas nos miraron como locos. Ellos no pudieron arreglar esa typo de llanta por falta de equipaje.

Y por eso, fuimos al otro lado de la ciudad. Phoenix es una ciudad bi polar o mejor esquizofrenica. Al norte, todo esta en ingles, pero en el parte sur de la avenida Glendale todo esta en espanol. Es Mexico de afuera.

Fuimos en busca de una llantera. La llantera es un taller donde arreglan reparciones de llantas y se venden llantas usadas o robadas. Y hay una llantera que se rentan llantas.

La llantera es una cosa de Mexico en los estados unidos.

Y por una razon desconcida, unas son llanteras y otros son llanterias. La palabra "llanteria" en espanol tiene el importe de una "crying fit or a tizzy." Por diez dolares y una hora malgastado en una llantera sucia la llanta estaba arreglada al fin.

Y el colmo era cuando llegemos a la casa, el axel fue desaparcido. Mi esposa confeso que lo tire en la basura. Para ella el era nada mas que otro pedazo de chatarra.

Ya busqemos por todos partes un axel nuevo. No hay. Pero una tienda "online" se vende el parte por cuarenta dolares.

Las arbolitos fueron emplantados sin una caratilla.

I am sorry. My wife was making fun of my hillbilly Spanish, so I left off posting. She shut me up good. Anyway, I didn't think that many people were interested in the thread.

Our home is located in a lower class neighborhood. There are a lot of low income people living here, and we also have a lot of homeless people which we call tourist without funds.

For this reason, I removed the wheel from the wheel barrow. Nobody steals a wheel barrow without a wheel.

Well, apricot trees came on sale at Home Depot. I bought two, and when I went to plant them, the tire on the wheel barrow was as flat as can be.

Off we went to the tire store. The battle began. Well the guys at the tire store looked at us like we were crazy. The couldn't fix a tire that small; they didn't have the equipment.

So we went off to the otherside of town. Phoenix is a bi polar, or to more exact a schizophenic town. The north part is all in English, but south of Glendale Avenue, it is all in Spanish. It is Mexico out of Mexico.

We were in search of a "llantera." This is a shop that fixes and sells used and stolen tires. There is even one that rents tires.

The llantera is a bit of Mexico in the USA.

And for some unknown reason, some are denoted as llanteras and others are denoted as llanterias. The term llanteria in Spanish actually means a crying fit or tizzy.

Anyway, for ten dollars and an hour wasted in a filthy llantera, the wheel barrow tire was whole again.

The worst part was that when we got home again, the axel was missing. We couldn't find it anywhere. Finally, when I described it to my wife, she admitted that she had thown it into the trash. To her it was just another piece of my junk.

We have searched high and low, and we cannot find a replacement. There is an online store that has the axel kit for forty dollars and shipping.

The apricot trees got planted without the wheel barrow.

Rufus

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  4. country lady

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    Lo siento, no hablo espanol muy bien.

I will have to say this in English. I love language. I took a basic course in Spanish and German years ago, but there was not an opportunity to speak those languages so I never really progressed. I would have also taken Italian if I had had the chance--I love that language.

My grandmother, of Irish descent, moved to California in the late 1940s and took trips to Old Mexico, as she called it. She loved bold colors and brought back all kinds of stuff. When she moved back she had a parrot and monkey--yes real animals! The story goes that the parrot came from a bar and swore. My grandmother was a gutsy lady and made both behave. The parrot did nick her hand once but he could have really hurt her if he had wanted to. The monkey had a sad end. After several years she gave him to a lawyer in town who had a daughter who loved horses. Unfortunately, the monkey met his sad end under a hoof! I had planned to go out there with her when I grew up but she moved back to Michigan to be with family. Family was very important to her.

I understand completely about your wheelbarrow. Maybe you were not meant to have THAT wheelbarrow--even your wife jinxed you!!! We needed to replace the wheel on ours several years ago but couldn't find the right size tire so we ended up buying a new wheelbarrow. They don't come cheap, as you know.

I planted two apple trees last spring, the lil big (I think they are called). They grow to be six feet. We had an ice storm Tuesday; my neighbor lost her plum tree, it just fell over. So far my trees look ok. I planted them on the south side of my garage.

I could never have said all that in Spanish. I will read your Spanish post again and learn from it. Enjoyed it! Hope your wife won't be too hard on you for speaking Hillbilly Spanish. Language is important but communicating is more important, I think.

Take care.

5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I grew up in SoCal. My mom's family is Mexican and they spoke Spanish to us and we answered in English. It was all good.
    My mom had the slightest accent even though she was born in SoCal.

I miss it so much. I miss the family times where you couldn't make out a thing because everyone was talking in two languages.
    But mostly I just miss hearing Spanish spoken.

6. country lady

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    I love languages. I think it is wonderful when children grow up speaking more than one language. My nephew was career army and married a German girl. She didn't teach her children German because she said it would confuse them. I think she missed an opportunity. Her older son took a German class in college.

My son was fluent in Spanish but he probably isn't now because he never uses it. The army sent him to Defense Language Institute in Monterey, CA for six months a few years ago and he went to several So. American countries on training missions. His minor in college was German. So I guess we both are interested in foreign languages. My neighbor is Italian and can't speak it--her grandparents immigrated from Italy.

7. DuckLady

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Thread cleaned up.
    If Spanish doesn't float your boat, there are plenty of other threads here to play in. [​IMG]

8. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    Buenas noticias. Ya tenemos seis pollitos nuevos. Son de la raza Rhode Island Red. Salieron de las cascaras ayer, y hay siete huevos ya pendiente. Pero tengo miedo que ellos estan perdidos. No estan bien podridos, hasta ahora. Ojala que ellos van a salir muy pronto.

El Little Giant parece un trochil de coches. Esta llena de cascaras.

Rufus

Good news. We have six new chicks. They are Rhode Island Reds. They hatched yesterday, and we still have seven eggs waiting to hatch. I am afraid they may be lost. But they don't seem to be rotten yet. God willing, they will hatch soon.

The Little Giant is a real pig pen now, it is full of shells.

Rufus

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  9. country lady

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    Senor Rufus, buenas dias.

Congratulations on your new hatches. Hope your other eggs were successful as well. I have so many things going that I'm not even going to attempt hatching chicks. I think it would be fun and interesting though.

I'm sorry that others on this website didn't want to join in and participate on this thread. Spanish is such a beautiful language. I usually can read Spanish but I cannot express myself--and being a woman, I have a lot to say! lol It has just been too many years since I took classes. I am always annoyed at Europeans who put Americans down because we are not bilingual. After all, in Europe one can be in another country in a couple of hours. Here, I am not even half way out of the state, much less the country. Where I live, I never hear a foreign language spoken.

It isn't fair to ask you to continue the thread since you have to translate everything. I always read your other posts and enjoy your comments. Thank you--you are a gentleman.

10. DuckLady

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I actually understood your post! [​IMG]

Not every word, but enough to get the context.
    Keep it going! I love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by