Sent my poor unsuspecting son to the coop to gather eggs today :/

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Guitartists, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Whoops.... sent my 14 yr old to the coop to get todays eggs. I didn't even think about the fact that he NEVER goes out to the coop.... poor thing, he got flogged by 2 of the roos! [​IMG] My Sebright 'The Captain' and one of the larger up and coming roos... I'm guessing it was one of the Ameraucanas. He said The Captain was chest high on him trying to flog him [​IMG] And that Spaghetti kept trying to make him stop flogging him [​IMG]

I'm glad my roosters are small and my children tough [​IMG]

It never occurred to me that they would go after a stranger. Guess he needs more chicken yard chores [​IMG] Or bring more treats [​IMG]

2. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Or a shovel hehehe.

3. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    [​IMG]

4. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    LMAO I made the mistake of using the snow shovel to block the Captain from flogging my toddler... now he (my toddler) thinks he should grab the shovel and chase them all around the yard [​IMG]

5. Bullet

Bullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    Mt. Pleasant
    I second that!!

I used to have a aracauna roo that had a broken middle toe. my 10 y/o that never sees the chickens went out there one day. well my roo couldn't hurt a fly with his broken toe. but he danced at my son all the out of the barn and he was runnin scared [​IMG]

6. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Poor thing... LOL I can just picture it!

7. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    I had a turkey that chased me in circles around a truck i was scared then but thinking about it now makes me laugh [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  8. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    My grandfather's rooster chased my dad around the yard one day.
    They had him, not for dinner, but for lunch.

Then there was the time my grandfather told my dad that the best way to catch a chicken was to sprinkle salt on the tail. Imagine a little boy chasing chickens with a salt shaker!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by