sent out my FIRST ever live chicks

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by monarc23, Apr 27, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    to mrsengeseth please hope with us that they have a safe journey!!! [​IMG] I'm a nervous mama hen over here and they haven't even left my air conditioned PO yet [​IMG] I'm most concerned about the handlers keeping them cool, as it's so hot up this way lately. So please keep these cuties in your thoughts. mrsengeseth and her daughter need to have a positive shipment this time around!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Fingers crossed! How nerve-wracking that must be!!! [​IMG]

3. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    yes it is lol from PA to CO here we gooo [​IMG]

4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    wooohoo i see that CO is cooler MUCh cooler than PA so that's good to know they will be going into cooler weather than hotter. I shoulda known it IS CO after all! [​IMG] I can't wait until I start seeing tracking updates so far chicks are still at the PO so no tracking info yet... blah blah blah... welp gotta go be stressed while we wash and wax our jeep... be thinking of the chickies (coturnix quails all 17 of em).

5. macnugget

macnugget Chillin' With My Peeps

what did you use for a shipping box? Did you put litter in it or just paper

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:horizon boxes: http://www.hm-e.net/p1single_new.htm that one specifically

annnd I layered the bottom witha few paper towels then aspen bedding, then taped in the one side corner a bowl of sliced and chopped apples and a gel meant to supply moisture... annd in another bowl on the otherside I taped their feed [​IMG] They are meant to get to her on wednesday [​IMG]

7. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    They will be fine! It is more stressful for us I think

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:oh it issss [​IMG] I just want wednesday to get here ASAP!!! its so slooowww

9. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO

annnd I layered the bottom witha few paper towels then aspen bedding, then taped in the one side corner a bowl of sliced and chopped apples and a gel meant to supply moisture... annd in another bowl on the otherside I taped their feed [​IMG] They are meant to get to her on wednesday [​IMG]

Good grief!! I misread your posting...I thought it said, "I taped their FEET". Scared myself to death on that one [​IMG]

10. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!

Good grief!! I misread your posting...I thought it said, "I taped their FEET". Scared myself to death on that one [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by