Separation anxiety...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Moselle, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Moselle

Moselle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Dh is almost nearly finished with the coop. By tomorrow night they should be in their new home and OUT of the KITCHEN (yah!). My only concern is that we put windows on each side of the henhouse (covered w/wire) for ventilation in the hot summer nights here. We are going to make plexiglass covers for the windows for cold weather, but they won't be ready for a week or two. So now I'm afraid my chickens will get chilled at night with those big windows. [​IMG] They are 9 weeks old and the low temps at night will be in the low to mid 50's. Too cold with the windows? Should I tape the windows up for the time being?

BTW, can you tell I'm a mother of young children? I'm sure I won't be able to sleep their first night outside. Like sending your child to summer camp for the first time [​IMG]

2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    What area are you in? And You can tape a clear trash bag over the window but leave a little spot of the window open for fresh air. This way you can calm some of the anxiety issues and will be able to sleep at night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by