Sept. 29th FIRST prenadal visit- will be a day away from 11 weeks

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by monarc23, Sep 17, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I am 9 weeks today [​IMG] [​IMG] My bean is offically a "fetus" today! [​IMG] Before that it was an embryo [​IMG] I'm all smiles because I finnally feel good today AND imagining my long legged looking-more-like-a-baby inside of me is just amazing [​IMG]

Please pray that my appt. goes well on wednesday sept. 29th and PLEASE pray that my OB-GYN does a sonogram! LOL! Because if he doesn't I know I won't see him again until AFTER my first trimester. I am so jealous at the women who have had a sonogram as early as 5 weeks, and here I am going to be 11 weeks the day after my first prenadal exam and if I don't get a sonogram I'm going to take a fit [​IMG] LOL!!!!

So please pray that he does one, so I can see the 5 fingers on 2 hands and 5 toes on two feet, and HEAR a good heartbeat [​IMG] I'm sure things are fine, but I'd just like to know... it's been so long.

My family doctor is mad how long that my OB-GYN is making me wait for my first appt. esp since i've had such severe morning sickness (in my case 24/7 sickness)....he put me on pepsid yesterday because I thought i was having heart issues.... here it was just really bad reflux from 3 weeks of almost daily vomiting. Pepsid has helped EMENSLY!!!!! That and making sure I keep my stomach full of food (if not my stomach is burning... like it is right now as i need to eat again.... which is quite annoying lol)! I had no idea pepsid was safe to take during pregnancy it's nice to know [​IMG] I never experienced true heartburn before being pregnant so this has been pretty traumatizing for me lol.

Today is day 2 of me not vomiting.... that's really important to me... i've been suffering so long (barely able to get online or even get out of bed other than to vomit) so this is really wonderful. I'm actually getting laundry done MYSELF instead of my poor hubby having to do it... and i may actually be able to stomach going outside and feeding my own birds tonight...but that may still be iffy as their smell really gets to my tummatum [​IMG]

I have not updated on my pregnancy in a long time because of being sick and being hit hard with it.... i had no idea i could get this sick... but today is a great day... I am able to be happy about being pregnant today... for weeks I haven't been able to be because all i could do was curl up in a ball and groan in pain lol!!!! I don't wish that sort of pain on my worst enemy [​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Sorry you've been so sick, but glad you're having a better day, today. I seem to remember that they did an ultrasound at about 12 weeks during my last pregnancy. Of course, that was over 16 years ago!

Anyway, glad to see you back, and hope you have many more vomitless days!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    Welcome back monarc! Sorry to hear about your being sick. As for the sonogram, I think my daughter didn't have hers until she was about 15 or 16 weeks along, but she did get to hear the babies heartbeat before then.

I hope your lilttle bean dosn't do like my nephew did when my youngest sister was preggo with him last year. He wouldn't lay in one position for the sonograms to see what she was having. Kept turning every which way but rightside up.

Congrats on your having a little one to be.

Eva

4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    awh that's party pooper info! [​IMG] hopefully im special then and he'll sonogram it [​IMG] I just would like to see it to know for sure (not the sex ofcourse as ofcourse you cant see that this early but just seeing it knowing it's there fully) though hearing the heartbeat alone will have me in tears [​IMG] lol

and thanks on the well wishes... i hope for more vomitless days as well! [​IMG]

5. yodercountrygirl

yodercountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Congratulations!!!!! [​IMG]
    You will be able to hear baby's heartbeat even if you don't get a sonagram. It will vary on the doctor when you will get them. Some are early like 11 wks but most doctors like to wait till around 16 wks. I know how you feel. My pregnacies both were hard like that; and it was such a relief to see the baby and hear their little hearts beat!!!
    Again congrats!!! on feeling better!!!

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:thank you and yes once i hear the heartbeat i thikn i'll feel better I can settle for that i guess [​IMG] he better atelast do that darn it! LOL! [​IMG]

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Don't worry we will all be there with you when you have your scan!!!! blessings to you, am so very very happy for you [​IMG]

8. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

[​IMG] Yippii! I hope your spell of morning sickness continues to be at bay [​IMG]

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Finally, the morning sickness, or all day sickness has subsided! Lets hope it keeps up for you. [​IMG]

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yay! Your back! I was getting worried about you!! Glad to hear all is well (except the sicky tummy.. [​IMG] )
    Keep us updated girl! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by