1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

September Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ChickyChickens, Aug 16, 2014.

1. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    Just for all the September chickies...[​IMG]
    I have a broody hen with 16 eggs due in September! Anyone out the to joing me...????

1 person likes this.
  2. COsteveo

COsteveo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2014
    I'm in. Yesterday I set 116 quail eggs so they will be due 9/1.

3. onmelissa

onmelissa Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2014
    I'll play! My first hatch is due Sept 1.

4. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    Oh my word [​IMG] that is soooo many! What are you going to do with them all?????

5. COsteveo

COsteveo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2014
    I will keep the largest for breeders. A friend wants a few dozen to get himself started, and the rest will be sold. I got into it this spring thinking I would eat some, but I've been able to sell all that I can produce so far. It saves me the trouble of cleaning them, at least.

6. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Yesterday I set 9 eggs each under my two broody bantam cochins! Ordered eggs plus this is the first fertility test for the Roo...They are only 6 months old, so he (in particular) is still developing his color pattern. The trio is a mille fleur (incomplete), a calico, and Rooster Ricky
    is a gorgeous blue mille fleur! Eggs would hatch Friday the 5th...if all goes well! Mille fleur, Blue Mille Fleur, and a couple mottled eggs as well. We'll see!

Ethel angrily stomping around when I moved her nest. She got over it when she saw REAL eggs instead of golfballs!:
    [​IMG]

Here's Lucy looking over the situation:
    [​IMG]

Papa (of a few, i hope!) Ricky:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. Housemom408

Housemom408 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2014
    I'm in.... Due to hatch around the 5th. This is my first time. I'm using a broody from my mom ( she lives next door). It's the first for everything! First time for her to sit, first time for us to hatch eggs, and first time to to see if the roo is fertile. Fingers crossed we get some!

1 person likes this.
  8. Luvmybob

Luvmybob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Florida
    Can I join? I have 13 total in the incubator, 10 experimental Cornish X's and 3 RIR, RIR/buff Orpington mix. Due to hatch September 3rd.

Thanks!
    Dana

9. onmelissa

onmelissa Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2014
    I candled last night ( can't resist a quick peek), and I was totally amazed to see movement in an egg on day 7!
    It's my first time, but I thought it took longer than that.

10. darkbluespace

darkbluespace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2014
    Portland Oregon
    I have around 30 Serama eggs in the bator on day 4. I candled some last night... couldn't help myself. Looks like several clears and a couple quitters already. I was a little disappointed till it occurred to me that if they all hatched then it would be hard for me to justify getting more eggs! Chicken math IS going to catch up to me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by