Serama added to reg hen yard. Check out this video! Easy add!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ok I have this Serama who has a BIG attitude. He is a very wise rooster and is VERY VERY bold. Here he is just added in with the hens for the first time. He's easy to catch so I just put him on the ground knowing I could catch him if I had to. He is as old as the girls here and recently I had to move him into his own bachelor pad because he was overmating the young D'uccles I had him with and beating up the male D'uccle. Here he trys his wilds with the girls and shows them a fancy dance he learned recently [​IMG] He's so cute! I just love him...his name is Kelly (Kell Bell) is what we usually call him. Tonight he also choose to roost in with the big girls so I let him. He wanted to be with the chickens I guess. LOL He has never been shown the hen house but he still followed the girls into bed tonight.
    Kelly is the little black and white guy, the hens are kind of scared of him [​IMG] [​IMG] They never messed with him even ONCE! It's so cute...he drops his wings and does this sideways dance for them. Does this mean he is interested in mating with them??

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x202/2breakaway1968/?action=view&current=Kellyoutside2.flv

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  2. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

What a pretty little guy! His walk is adorable. Thanks for posting, watching your sweet little guy brought a smile to my face. [​IMG]

3. spookykim

spookykim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio
    my roo does that walk too. Not sure what it means and would like to find out myself. I don't know about wanting to mate with them cause mine will do that to me lol.

4. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    wow... that's gotta be the most beautiful color I've seen so far!

5. spookykim

spookykim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio
    AngieChick I just looked at your coop and it is beautiful. I just love it. [​IMG] The artwork is sooooo nice.
    you guys did a very fine job [​IMG]

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    wow... that's gotta be the most beautiful color I've seen so far!

His colors are amazing...he has some red stripes on his back too along with the green, white and black. It's beautiful...the only prob he has is some feathering on his legs...OH well, He's a good rooster and likes to take care of the hens lol.​

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Yup, that's his little rooster dance. They'll drop one wing and parade around for the hens before coming closer to jump on them (roosters don't know much about foreplay). Notice he advances toward each hen and they all run off. He's been dissed. Poor guy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by