1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SERAMA ADVICE!!!!~~~NEW PIC's PAGE 10 l@@K!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pamperedpoultry, Sep 14, 2009.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

I have decided this year to get into the seramas. I've ordered 3 different batches of eggs from fellow BYCers. I now have one batch that all are about 4 months old. I only had one hen in the bunch so didn't have much of a choice on hens. I do however have 5 roosters to choose from. I have picked the best IMO out of this group and took pics of him and the hen. I need yalls honest opinions on if these are they good enough to start with or can you really tell at this age. This is one of the smallest roos and he seems to be a lil more vertical than the other one his size, the others seem too big in my opinon. I'll get some pics of those later if yall like to see if maybe they are better than this little guy. Im also afraid her back is goin to be a tad bit long

This is him and her
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and hers a few of just him
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and heres one of just her
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. pamperedpoultry

ok, I know there are some serama GOo roos on here where ya be??

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  3. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Well, I am not a serama goo roo, lol, but I really like the color on these. They look quite young yet to me. I have to wonder though about the roos wings and why the first feathers split off like that.

4. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    I'm no expert, but I will agree with you that her back is a little long. The cockerel's legs look kind of short. I would say they are average pet quality.

5. pamperedpoultry

Quote:some of the others are a taller do you think one of those would be better?

Quote:as far as the wings go he had just flown off the chair and was a lil flighty he hadn't adjusted them back, I was tryin to hurry to take pic's before they decided they needed to poo on my chair..LOL Their normally not like that

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  6. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Any pics of the other boys?

7. pamperedpoultry

Quote:I can try and get some this afternoon after I get off work

8. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    I would like to see all of them too.

9. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Luann Keller breeds and shows them but I do not think she gets on here much anymore. She has lots and lots of them running around at her house and every time I visit I want to pick up a few and bring them home.
    I do actually have a black pullet that we thought was one of my chicks she hatched for me but alas, she is a Serama and just pet quality. She's our pet now.[​IMG]
    Yours are very pretty but I have no idea on how to tell what is correct on them.

10. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    My internet is out at home, or I would love to look. This slow as heck dial-up at the Antique Mall wont show me the pics!!!

Im hoping that the AT&T tekkies have sent me the disk or whatever it was to fix it today. Im having BYC withdrawls.....sigh.
    Ill check later! Post lots of pics..I find its best to get them in their pen, so that they are not all freaking out and trying to poke around or escape....

Be back soon!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by