Serama and Cochin Chick. Fresh From a bath. :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Larkspur88, May 12, 2011.

1. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    I was a naughty mom and bathed my chicks. [​IMG] When you have a bunch of chicks in a tub they get grimey! Especially the cochins with their big feathered feet. I couldn't take it! And recently I had a URI go through my chicks from who knows where despite my attempts at cleanliness (Even lost a phoenix chick!!! ARGH). So I took my chances and bathed a bunch of poopy foot babies.

I was expecting disaster, but it was quite easy I just followed directions I read somewhere and swirled their dirty selves around in a soapy shallow bucket of warm water then did the same in a bucket of warm fresh water. Then I patted them dry and put them under the heat lamp for them to dry themselves off. I didn't take pics of all the birds, but here is my white cochin looking nice and spiffy and my serama! [​IMG]

Video [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a nice photo my mom got with a camera vs. my phone of Swayze the serama a few days ago. You can see his whites weren't so white! XD
    [​IMG]

2. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    [​IMG]

How adorable!

3. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

OMG the first one looks like she is wearing disco pants [​IMG]

Both are absolutely adorable..now I want them [​IMG]

I actually gave one of my chicks a full bath yesterday..all of a sudden I noticed her picking under her wing and it looked all bloody, scared me to death..I brought her in and realized someone had pooped on her and she kept trying to get it out. [​IMG]

I used warm water, a tad cat shampoo, rinsed well and blow dried..she is all good!

4. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    I dont own a blow dryer! :eek: I had to pat them dry and put them close to their heat lamp. They cuddled together in a big pile for 45 minutes and then were all dry! And I know! That Cochin has some serious feathers! I thought it looked like cowboy pants or something. Lol.

5. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    They are both right out of a cartoon! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by