Serama and Modern Game Hatch [PICS!]

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SunshineSteedFarm, Jul 7, 2011.

1. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Hey guys! So I decided to make a thread about the hatches going on at my place. My modern game hen hatched out one chick so far, looks like a serama chick from my breeding pen. I also have another serama hen on 7 eggs. 2 are modern games (really hoping these two hatch as the rooster passed away not too long ago) and 5 are seramas (1 is from my other serama hen, and the other 4 are from herself. I was actually really surprised she decided to go broody.lol She never seemed the motherly type as she had no interest in the other chicks hatching. So I will keep you guys updated! Pictures will be posted soon! [​IMG]

Update as of 4:33 PM (eastern time)June 7th
    3 pips!

Update as of 9:02 AM (eastern time) June 8th

2 hatched! 3 pips! 1 zip!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. SunValleySeramas

SunValleySeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    ramona, california
    Quote:How funny!! i love moderns and seramas, Good luck on your hatch, I have three MGB that are red pyle a henand a cockerel and a pullet, LOVE THEM. Momma modern is always going broody!! My little MGB roo is just the coolest!! And well my seramas are dear to my hear and I am doing really well with them!!

3. SunshineSteedFarm

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:How funny!! i love moderns and seramas, Good luck on your hatch, I have three MGB that are red pyle a henand a cockerel and a pullet, LOVE THEM. Momma modern is always going broody!! My little MGB roo is just the coolest!! And well my seramas are dear to my hear and I am doing really well with them!!

Thank you! I had bought a pair of brown red MGB at a show in March. The rooster passed away about a month ago. So I guess I will be on the look out for a rooster if none of the MGB chicks hatch. But I am really hoping they will! This is the hen's first time going broody and she has been a really dedicated mama. And yes, I loved my little MGB roo. He was such a sweetheart! Haha, yep Serama were my first breed that I chose to starting getting serious about showing and breeding. So they will always have a close place to my heart!

4. SunshineSteedFarm

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Update with pictures!!

First up is the little Serama chick (4th of July baby). He is from my Serama breeding pen, but was hatched out by my Modern Game Bantam, Betsy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up is of Ellie (Serama hen), sporting her stink-eye look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far, under Ellie there are 2 hatched, 1 zipped, and 3 pips! [​IMG]

5. SunshineSteedFarm

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Another update! 5 chicks are hatched and 2 and starting to zip! If the other two hatch that means a 100% hatch and modern game chicks!!! [​IMG]
    I will post more photos later on in the day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by