serama bantams

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenboy95, Dec 12, 2008.

1. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    The little rooster's name is Sultan and the hen that is looking up at the birds in the tree is Sabrina. They are both A class serama bantams that I got at the poultry show in Columbus.

[​IMG]

Sabrina and Sultan again.

[​IMG]

Sultan and Sabrina fluffed up looking cold. ( It was only 32 degrees out that day.

[​IMG]

These serama bantams I also got at the poultry show in Columbus. I got them along with Sultan and Sabrina pictured above. The rooster's name is Echo or Doodle because when I got him he wouldn't stop crowing ( It was like he was echoing himself ), but we also call him Doodle. The little hen is named Diamond. These two are both B class serama bantams.

[​IMG]

Here in this picture is a better picture of Diamond. She has some of the most beautiful feather plumage of any chicken in my flock.

[​IMG]

2. chickenboy95

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    Would some one please comment on my seramas?

3. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Pretty birds!

What's the class type mean with Seramas? I keep eyeing them enviously but don't know the first thing about them.
    -Spooky

4. chickenboy95

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    class type means how big they are....

Class A - smallest

Class B - Medium

Class C - Largest

but its not bantam medium standard

serama bantams are the smallest chickens in the world(the class's go by ounces)

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    i always wanted class A seramas and i will have some one day!

Pretty birds by the way [​IMG]

6. spookyevilone

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Ooooh. [​IMG] Thanks!

Now I know to buy Class A when I go looking! I have mini quail, and superminiteenybitsyquail, so when I go to chickens, I was hoping to keep up the theme.

Then again, I keep looking at pictures of Nugget and wanting one that big so I could walk him on a leash and terrorize the neighbor kids.. [​IMG]

-Spooky

7. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    *whistles* Purttty chickenss. [​IMG]

8. chickenboy95

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    thanx everyone for the posts..i have more serama and sebrights and i also have some more of my mixed flock....class a seramas are no bigger than a can of soup and class a seramas eggs are about as big as a quarter if they lay (most are to small) and some seramas are no bigger than a button quail

9. spookyevilone

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Quote:.. no bigger than a button quail? So they're the size of a zebra finch?! I NEED SOME! [​IMG] The Class A sound about the size of my Coturnix.

Seriously? The size of a button quail?! I am now in need of a tiny button-quail-size rooster!

-Spooky

10. chickenboy95

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    not the size of a zebra finch of about the size of a parakeet (some of them) but it all depends on what u get.... one of my hens is the size of a parakeet...shes so small

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by