Serama Banty Hen with Roundworms

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BoopNCo, Nov 27, 2013.

1. BoopNCo

BoopNCo New Egg

Nov 27, 2013
    I have a 1.5 yr old Serama Banty hen who is very sick with roundworms. I have Wazine to treat but am conserned about the quantity to use. I don't want to over dose her. She shares her coop with a Barred Rock hen and a Silver laced Wyandotte, who are both about 6 months old. I plan to treat the whole group. I also dosed the 8X8 coop and tiny house with DE. Plan to completely clean and detox coop tomorrow.

It is really cold where I live at night (30 degrees) and I had had Betty Boop(my banty) in my bathtub until tonight. I was afraid the roundworms are contageous. So I put her back outside with her girls. I don't have electricity out there so no heat[​IMG]Does anyone know if humans can get roundworms from chickens? I feel so guilty about not properly acclimating her to cold after being inside. So worried. But couldn't risk my family's health. I thought it was respratory because she has been wheezing and have been treating her inside with Electrolytes and Tetracycline Chloride in her water for the last 10 days. Then I treated with DE in bed and that is when I saw worms in feces this morning. I think the DE flushed some out. I am really new at this stuff and would love any advice.

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. BoopNCo

BoopNCo New Egg

Nov 27, 2013
    Thank you so much. I just couldn't find anything out there for Serama's. Still dark. Waiting until sun comes up to see if Boop is okay after night out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by