Serama chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chicken Egg 17, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    I like the tiny little serama chickens but I have standard breeds also so could I get and keep some serama chickens with the standard breeds.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  2. SouthGaRoo

SouthGaRoo Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2014
    South West Georgia
    Hi Roada, I also have standard breeds,and Seramas. My Seramas get alone great with the bigger birds, just be careful when you first introduce them of course. I never let them together unless i was right there with them so i could stop anything that might happen, i did that for a few weeks, and now my little Serama roo runs the coop.[​IMG]

3. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Ok thank do you have a recommended amount to get so that if they fight they can go off and do there own thing and I have a rooster so he won't hurt them will he I mean he has never hurt my hens but he won't be to heavy for them if he try's to mount them

4. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Are they cold hardy

5. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    I had seramas in the past.. They are not cold hardy. I kept them in winter quarters during cold inside heated garage. I also do not have roosters big or small. I Only keep hens , and the seramas were able to get along with the standards. I had 3 Easter Eggers and the rest were bantams.
    WISHING YOU BEST [​IMG]

6. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Well my rooster is a sweet boy I introduced a few more new hens to him before he didn't even peck at them that I seen but either way I can't get rid of my rooster

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by