Serama chicks - MD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TurtleFeathers, Sep 21, 2009.

1. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Hi all -

Are there any BYC'ers within driving distance of Maryland that might have interest in serama chicks?

I need to keep more chicks like I need a hole in my head, so I was thinking of letting these go - they're 4-5 weeks old now.

PM me if interested!

Edited to add pic (not a great shot, because of the light in the cage and the fact that they were afraid of the camera noises), but its the best I could do!)

[​IMG]

Thanks -

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  2. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Rats. Too far for me. Just to make me feel worse, what color are they?

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I would love to have some Seramas!! What were you looking for price wise? I am pretty sure I could talk my hubby into a road trip. Do you have any pics of them? And how many are you selling?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  4. TurtleFeathers

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Sun Angel - I responded to your PM, so check your inbox!

Meriruka - Ya know, its hard to tell, and since nobody seems to be able to give me exact names for serama colors, all I can say is that they are reddish with black markings, and white with black markings. Of course, they're still babies and they'll change a lot as they grow, but I think the base color will probably stay this way.

5. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Oh no, Deb you do not need more chickens!!! [​IMG]

6. TurtleFeathers

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    But of course she does!!! LOL! One can never have *too many* chickens!! [​IMG]

7. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Hahaha Hannah, you are so right. Buttttt...these aren't just chickens, they are Seramas!!! I have been obsessed with finding some for a year now!

I promise I will still have room to grow out your babies [​IMG] I am not sure if I can talk hubby into a road trip or spending the money, but it can't hurt to ask lol.

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I have 15 or 17 silkies that I'll need you to grow out in two weeks. How do you want paid for caretaking?

Besides, seramas are itty bittys. One or two of them won't make a huge difference!

9. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Yep Seramas are little enough to not matter lol I'm selling a few bantams at the auction tonight anyways, so I will have room!

Some extra food for the chicks would be fine with me. Hope you get a good hatch. Are these promised to someone, or just for you?

10. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Oh the Serama chicks are so cute!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by