1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Serama Chicks -pics heavy-

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Corey NC, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Here are some pics of the seramas and the single BO cross that I hatched out, you can really see the size difference in the chicks. The BO cross will be bigger than momma in no time. There are two really tiny chicks one of the blacks with the lots of white on the belly and an all black one, see if you can spot them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  2. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Corey, they are just so adorable! [​IMG]

3. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Im so sad, I went this morning and two of the chicks are dead. The way their area is set up is that it is a XL kennal with a small area penned in and this is where they're food is. Momma must have taken the chicks to the food but two of the chicks couldn't get over the lip of the kennal and must of chilled. I feel so awful about it, the poor chicks didn't have a chance. I've taken away the pen so now there is no chance of it happening agian.

4. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Corey they are soo cute, I'm really sorry about your loss. It looks as you have enough room in there for their waterer til they get a little bigger. Good luck with the rest of them!

5. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I'm sorry you lost some of the chicks !!! That is always hard..........

Julie

6. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Hey Corey,

Sorry about your loss. We've all made those kinds of mistakes when it comes to our chickens, so don't beat yourself up too much about it.

I recently lost a Silkie because I didn't set up their pen to be waterproof enough to withstand the weather. The poor things got soaked and flooded out because of the recent rains. I had a large coop set up for the standards, so I was able to move all the Silkies in there temporarily, but I still lost one due to the stress/cold.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Sweet babies. Sorry about the 2 you lost but don't beat yourself up about it. We've all made mistakes that cost us birds...we can't think of everything.

8. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I am so ticked off with myself, I just found 3 more behind the kennal. I am so upset I thought I was in the clear after having such a troubling hatch. This leaves me with 7 seramas and my bo cross.

9. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    What kind of hen is that do you have??
    SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
    I am sorry about your baby loss, she looks like a really good mom.
    Hugs to you!

10. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    She is a silkie cross no Idea what she is crossed with. She has been a pretty good setter but not so great of a mom but she is doing better than she could be maybe she'll get better with time, this is her first hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by