Serama Chicks Question????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenboy95, Jan 23, 2009.

1. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    Hi all.
    I was wondering if all serama chicks are white/yellow.
    I just had one hatch and so far there all white.

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I have had alot of yellow chicks but its amazing to watch what they turn out to look like. Here is a pic of some of my chicks when they were a few days old
    [​IMG]

One of those yellow chicks turned out really dark
    [​IMG]

ETA the little guy in the photo is not mine anymore he was just hatched and started here [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  3. urbanhatch

urbanhatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    New York
    They look so good. I am due to hatch Seramas on January 28th, if not sooner. I cannot wait. Seeing your chicks has inspired me. Thanks.

4. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    You are gonna LOVE them, they are soooo fun!!!! [​IMG]

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    No, my chicks are often dark(black or black and white), I have several black and mottled hens, though I have some light chicks too, yellow & white. I had one chick that was white with a black stripe down the back of its head and back.

6. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    oh ok thanks for you guys help.
    i was just wondering because all my seramas so far are white.

THANKS AGAIN.

CHICKENBOY95

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    chickenaddict is that dark chick my pullet? [​IMG]

8. ItsSuzzie

ItsSuzzie Chillin' With My Peeps

White Serama chicks? I have never seen a White Serama, not yet. In 2007 I hatched chicks with my friend and ended up with nine Serama chicks. The majority of my chicks were black with yellow bellies and yellow on their face. Kinda looked like penguins.
    They grew and changed. Most ended up mostly Black, some with dashes of white. I ended up with a cold illness in 2008 and lost almost all my Serama, today I have two. One Hen, One Roo.

[​IMG]
    This is my little Rooster, Rusty. I love their little crowing and their mating dance. They almost look like they are on their tippy toes.

[​IMG]
    This is my Hen Spotty. She is still laying and I hope to increase my flock this year. So sad when the tiny ones pass. Broody Serama make a strange squeal when you try to touch the eggs. My two hens in 2008 shared a nest and the parental chores. To cute.

[​IMG]

9. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Quote:Yep the dark brown chick in the first pic is your pullet [​IMG] She is totally black just like her mama now. Your cockrel may be a silkie serama as well as peanut, they have got completely different hair like feathers. Maybe they grow out of it?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:Yep the dark brown chick in the first pic is your pullet [​IMG] She is totally black just like her mama now. Your cockrel may be a silkie serama as well as peanut, they have got completely different hair like feathers. Maybe they grow out of it?

Oh Goody! [​IMG] I can hardly wait

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by