1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Serama Chicks.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bryam, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Bryam

Bryam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    My Serma chicks are 3 weeks old and I can definatly tell who are my roosters and who are my pullets. I was wondering if it is normal thing that some of the chicks are like half the size of others, born at the same time. Should I focus on breeding and keeping the smaller birds?

Thanks for the tips Serama breeders:)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Hi, I am not a serama breeder. I actually do not breed any chickens, because cant keep roosters. Just keep a few chickens as pets. In the past, I did have serama hens. The person that I got them from ( most likely amateur breeder) told me that there were 3 general sizes of seramas. He was hatching out the middle size. He also told me that the very smallest were very difficult to raise. I only am passing on what he told me.. No reason for you not to experiment. I think the tiniest sold as full grown would bring in the best price. I have not seen seramas offered for sale at any of the popular hatcheries. Looks like only select breeders are choosing to raise them.
    WISHING YOU BEST. [​IMG]

3. Bryam

Bryam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Thanks!!!:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by