1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Serama Chicks

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by moutainMan, Sep 19, 2016.

1. moutainMan

moutainMan Just Hatched

Jul 28, 2016
    Im not sure if this is where I should be posting this but here goes: I recently set 11 serama eggs and hatched 9. My question is, would anyone be able or willing to take a stab at guessing what colors I ended up with?
    [​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

What kind of Seramas? Those look traditional. Traditional Seramas do not come in any specific color; they are a genetic mixing pot.

3. moutainMan

moutainMan Just Hatched

Jul 28, 2016
    I honestly don't know. I bought them on eBay. I may ask the seller.

4. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

If you don't know, they're probably Traditional. There are three types - American, Traditional, and Malaysian. Malaysian and super rare and expensive, they're the extreme looking type. Americans are a little more OEGB looking and will be a specific color that breeds true (White, Black, Wheaten, etc.). Traditional are the most common type and like I said, they can be any color and can produce any color. And so are basically no color at all. Given the rainbow array you have there I'd say they're very likely Traditional.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by