serama chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Akane, May 2, 2009.

1. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Newly hatched on the
    webcam http://www.ustream.tv/channel/chicken-hatch
    They kind of blend into the shavings though. I'll get some pics of them and the slightly older 2.

I ordered eggs from 4 different sellers on ebay and eggbid 4weeks ago and got extremely varied results. 1 person (fundango on ebay) the eggs arrived scrambled or infertile and I got nothing from them. The others had from 1/3rd to 1/2 develop and the last set from seramasun on ebay all 8 eggs developed. Due to humidity issues I only got 2 chicks and they were from seramasun's eggs so I ordered more from them and all 8 developed again. 1 quit early, 1 quit around day 16 (I think due to some low temps in the bator), and 1 mostly hatched but was weak and died half out of it's shell. I have 4 chicks out and 1 working on it. So far it's looking like I paid for 6 eggs and will get 5 chicks.

2. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Best of luck with them!!

3. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    1 person (fundango on ebay) the eggs arrived scrambled or infertile and I got nothing from them.

i ordered some eggs from fundango last year and i never got anything to hatch out of them either.
    but it probably had something to do with the lg that i was using...​

4. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I'm using an lg but I set those eggs with over 2 dozen other eggs from 3 other sellers and all had at least a fair amount of developing embryos (1 dozen did all quit early except 1) while not a single egg I got from fundango did anything. I never throw an egg out without breaking it open so I broke all 8 eggs to find 6 scrambled and the 2 yolks still in one piece did not look fertile. I was not happy with the packaging either. The eggs were individually wrapped and left loose in a box of packing peanuts. If they were just scrambled without infertiles or they were packaged really well I would write it off as 1 bad shipment from the seller but there was a combination of things I was not happy with. In contrast I had 16 good embryos and now 7 live chicks when I paid for 1 dozen eggs from seramasun and the first hatch I could not get the humidity in my lg over 60% which contributed to only 2 hatching and none from the other 2 batches. It makes it worth mentioning. Now the wait to see what these guys look like when they grow up. The first 2 are feathering quickly and it looks like a buff roo and white hen both with black specks scattered across their feathers.

I lost my digital camera or I'd put up pics. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by