Serama chicks........

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fdnick, Dec 10, 2007.

1. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Hatched out several more Chicks yesterday here is a photo of some day olds.. [​IMG] they are just TOOOOOO CUTE!!!
    Denna

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    why do you people torture me! I really really want to hatch them out but I hear they are difficult. I may try them next year when I can read how to hatch them

3. bunch-a-chickens

bunch-a-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2007
    Claiborne County Tn.
    I've got a mille fluer roo serama chick and i think when he gets older i'm goin to breed him in with this some kind of mix that looks sort of perky and very colorful and weighs probably 5 or 6 pounds and then breed those chicks back with some serama in the hopes of making really colorful BIG "serama type birds.think there's any hope? Oh, and yes, serama chicks are very cute.

4. bunch-a-chickens

bunch-a-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2007
    Claiborne County Tn.
    inuyashalover21, I have had eggs shipped and had VERY low hatch rates. could just be shipping though. but they are very cute.

5. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    we have found its the humidity.. we have purchased shipped eggs and had high hatch rates but we bring up our humidity to over 70% when we quit turning [​IMG]
    They seem really sensitive to the humidity.. BUT THEY ARE SO CUTE... so tiny.. like a lays you cannot have just one [​IMG]

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    ok so 99.5-102.00F for the temp and how much huidity to start with for the 17 days?

7. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    I keep my bator 99.5 to 100.5 (or at least try to [​IMG]) and 50 to 60 on humidity till day 15 then they go to the bottom brooder and we up the humidity..
    Denna

8. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    They're so cute denna! Mine are schedualed to hatch today until thursday(days 18-21). We haven't had any movement yet that I can see. The humidity is nice and high, those worn out socks do come in handy!

-Sarah

9. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    How exciting Sarah.. waiting on those first pips seem to take FOREVER!!! HAHA
    Then ours seem to snowball, once one starts hatching its like an alarm goes off and they all try to be the next one out.. [​IMG]

10. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Sarah.. are these all from Frank or is your trio laying yet???
    Denna

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by