1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Serama Cockeral and pullet pair

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Heather08, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Heather08

Heather08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Florida
    Putting up serama cockeral and pullet, one of my best hatched this year he is 14 oz so far. Hatched in March. I only have limited room so have to let a couple go to keep moving on with color projects. He has a little scissor wing but not bad when he pulls up and forward..just hatched 4 chicks from this pair and 3 are brown/chocolate one is black

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  2. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Do you have a side profile pic of the pullet? How old and how big is she and has she started laying yet?

3. Heather08

Mar 22, 2008
    Florida
    I can get a pic better pic of her tomorrow, she is laying about 3-5 days a week I just hatched 4 eggs from her under a serrogate hen from her and this cockeral in the pic, I will also post a pic in the morning of them too, there was 3 brown/chocolate chicks one has a hint of chipmunk striping and the fourth one is black with a grey hue. I really thought the eggs would be to small and none would hatch being pullet eggs but all 4 made it 100%. 2 of the chicks is super tiny. The serrogate hen is actually the pullets mother too. she goes broody alot lol

4. Heather08

Mar 22, 2008
    Florida
    here are pics of the chicks i just hatched from this cockeral and pullet , the hen in the pic is the adopted mother but also the grandmother , she is the pullets mother

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

how cute
    [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Grandma is beautiful and so are the chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by