Serama Coop (pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SunshineSteedFarm, Nov 28, 2010.

1. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Here is our Serama coop. We actually built it at the end of the summer, but I never got to posting any pics! I am thinking about making a coop page for it. All we gotta add still is a name and a sign [​IMG]
    All together is 4x8. The house itself is 2x4. We can move it around easily with two people. We are adding wheels soon just to make it even more easy. There is a string that I can pull from the outside that lifts the ramp and another that I can pull from the outside to close the pop door.

[​IMG]
    ^ The beginnings of the house

[​IMG]
    ^The roof is on

[​IMG]
    ^The shingles are on. These we found in our scrap pile when the tree fell on our house.

[​IMG]
    ^The roost inside

[​IMG]
    ^The door to the house

[​IMG]
    ^The finished product complete with Serama and tarp for the chilly nights

I am hoping to possibly build another house for some future additions and we are going to be building a run that we can attach to this one.

Enjoy!
    -SSF

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. JosieChick

JosieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    That is super cute! A mini chicken house [​IMG]

3. craftymama86

craftymama86 Chillin' With My Peeps

That is SO cute! Looks simple too. What kind of rooster is that to the right? He's pretty. [​IMG]

4. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Thank you both!

Quote:Yep took just a couple days to make and it was around 50 or so dollars to build. All I had on hand was the shingles and the latches.
    Thank you!That would be Skipper the Serama [​IMG]

5. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I so want to build me one of these. I want a few seramas. Maybe in the Spring!
    sharon

6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    What a great little coop/run. This would be perfect for my tiny Pyncheons, as well.
    Great job and very cute birds. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by