Serama critique

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Hargraves, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Hargraves

Hargraves Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2016
    Vidor texas
    Hi I would love to get some insight on the quality of my seramas, they are not table trained, just got them a couple weeks ago.. any tips and advice would be great! I have many more hatching that I'll be raising to select from for breeding. These pictures are just pictures to show size and color, not stance.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Living in a galaxy far, far away...

I don't have seramas, but from what I know of the standard they all look great! The hen in the second picture's tail looks quite a bit slopped though, but the first roo, [​IMG] Loved him!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    The first roo is really nice. If you want more knowledgeable opinions please post on the serama thread. My friend has two older serama hens but neither is show type. They are the most robust birds she has had. She has lost several younger silkies in the time she has owned the seramas..

4. Hargraves

Hargraves Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2016
    Vidor texas
    Thank you! I need to get better pictures after I work with them on the table. I don't plan to show anytime soon, but I'm going to breed from 2 different bloodlines to hopefully make a real nice bloodline. My seramas are the sweetest birds except the first roo, he spurred me when I caught a hen to band her lol. They will always be separate from my other breeds. I have silkies and duccles and standard chickens.

5. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Living in a galaxy far, far away...

If only all roos were that protective of their hens! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by