Serama Eggs ~ Chocolate / Cocoapop / Frizzled Seramas ~ SCNA Benefit

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by muffi, Oct 13, 2011.

  1. muffi

    muffi Chillin' With My Peeps

    541
    2
    151
    Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    Note: Payment must be received within an hour of auction end so eggs can be shipped Monday morning. Failure to pay will result in eggs being offered to next highest bidder.

    Update as of Sun, 6:50 PM EDT: 12 eggs PLUS 2 BONUS EGGS FROM MY LAVENDER SERAMA PROJECT (see post #7). Pictures of chicks hatched from these breeders added in post #5. See post #4, below, for breeder weights and photos.

    I collected 3 light colored eggs today, and I got some darker colored eggs during the week. This means that ALL FOUR of my hens have contributed to this batch of eggs!

    Up for auction is whatever number of eggs I collect by Sunday evening from my Chocolate / Cocoapop Serama breeding pen. Half of the proceeds will be donated to the Serama Council of North America (SCNA).

    I have a frizzled laced cocoapop (gold hackled) rooster that carries genes for chocolate (sex-linked recessive, 'choc') and silkied feathering. He is covering the following hens:

    1) solid chocolate
    2) chocolate ginger (silver choc eb)
    3) buff mottled with black
    4) frizzled buff mottled with chocolate (genetically choc) - carries silkie gene (Note: her feather curling is not very tight, so I'm breeding her to the frizzled male to improve it, as recommended on the SCNA forums)

    I have already hatched several dozen chicks from this pen. About half of the chicks are genetically chocolate, including both males and females. Also, about half of the offspring are frizzled (so overall, about one quarter come out chocolate AND frizzled). If hen #4 is laying, you have a chance of getting some silkied chicks, as one quarter of her offspring should be pure for silkie feathering.

    Fertility has been excellent, around 90%. Hatch rate has been good too - about 80% under broodies and 60% in incubator, typical for Seramas. However, I cannot make any guarantees about another person's hatch rate. Shipping is very tough on eggs and there are just too many factors beyond my control. Please consider this when bidding and don't bid if you can't accept the risk.

    The shipping fee listed above is just an estimate. Buyer to pay actual cost of Priority Mail service (or faster, if requested), which will depend on location and the total number of eggs collected. My flock is NPIP certified #14-1308. Bidders are responsible for ensuring the legality of shipping eggs to their state.

    Below are images of my two chocolate hens that I'd already uploaded. I'll try to get more pictures of all my breeders (hopefully in pose), as well as some of the various chicks I've hatched from them, and add them later. I will also weigh my breeders and post their sizes. I just wanted to get this auction listed ASAP to give people more time to notice it and mark their calenders, since it's only a 3 day auction!

    If you have any questions, please PM me for the quickest response. Happy bidding and thank you for supporting the SCNA!

    [​IMG][​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. Memphisjourney2seramas

    Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 19, 2011
    Awesome that you are donating some of the money to SCNA!
     
  3. muffi

    muffi Chillin' With My Peeps

    541
    2
    151
    Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    Quote:Thanks. I wish I had more eggs to offer. I collected 20 eggs last week, but this week isn't looking nearly as good.
     
  4. muffi

    muffi Chillin' With My Peeps

    541
    2
    151
    Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    AMERICAN SERAMA STANDARD WEIGHTS (with allowed variance range of +/- 20%)

    Cock: 16 oz / 455 gm (12.8 - 19.2 oz / 364 - 546 gm)
    Hen: 14 oz / 398 gm (11.2 - 16.8 oz / 318 - 478 gm)

    Only the Cajun Classic show still judges Seramas by different size classes.

    COCKS HENS
    Micro - up to 9 oz Micro - up to 8 oz
    A: 9.1 - 13 oz A: 8.1 - 12 oz
    B: 13.1 - 16 oz B: 12.1 to 15 ounces
    C: 16.1 - 19 oz C: 15.1 to 17 ounces
    D: over 19.1 oz D: over 17.1 ounces

    My Breeder Pics and Weights

    Please note that I have not worked with these birds on posing. They've been maintained as breeders for the past several months, and their feather condition reflects that. Please PM if you have any specific questions.

    Cock: 16.0 oz (453 gm) - Class B
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Hen #1: 14.3 oz (405 g) - Class B
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Hen #2: 16.4 oz (465 g) - Class C
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Hen #3: 14.1 oz (400 g) - Class B
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Hen #4: 12.0 oz (340 g) - Class A
    [​IMG][​IMG]
     
  5. muffi

    muffi Chillin' With My Peeps

    541
    2
    151
    Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    Some chicks from this breeding pen:

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     
  6. wmsmith09

    wmsmith09 Chillin' With My Peeps

    115
    0
    89
    Sep 19, 2011
    [​IMG] Augh, why do I have to broke this week... [​IMG]
     
  7. muffi

    muffi Chillin' With My Peeps

    541
    2
    151
    Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    Today I just hatched my first two lavender chicks from my lavender Serama project! To celebrate, I will include 2 eggs (all that I've collected this week) from this project. For each chick, there is a 25% chance that it will be lavender, 50% chance it will be a lavender carrier, and 25% chance that it will not carry lavender.

    Chicks:
    [​IMG]

    Parents
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Grand-daddy
    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by