serama eggs ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by txmel, Aug 29, 2010.

1. txmel

txmel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    boerne, tx
    do serama eggs hatch early and if so do i need to put them in lockdown early? what day? i'm asking because i have been forced to do a staggered hatch ( because of shipping issues [​IMG] )i have one group of ee eggs in the bator. i have another group of marans eggs arriving monday and the serama eggs most likely arriving on wed or thurs. my plan is to build a hatcher to move the eggs that need to go to lockdown in when the time comes but thinking on it i dont know when that would be for the serama eggs. [​IMG] all the eggs were bought within a 12 hour time frame so silly me i thought they would all arrive close to the same time considering the distance and amount of time it would take the usps to deliver.

2. txmel

txmel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    boerne, tx
    anyone?

3. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    Unfortunately, I have no advice, but Im in the same situation as you (expecting 2 different shipments of eggs and already have one batch in the bator) and Im wondering what to do. I dont have seramas though, so Im not sure on that one. Im sure someone with good advice will pop in here and tell you.

4. jejones3329

jejones3329 New Egg

Aug 29, 2010
    Ours hatched day 19 , all 15 hatched within 24 hours

5. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    We had one hatch on the 18th and the other 3 on 19th but our temps were a little high. They were our first Serama hatch and we locked down on the 17th......

6. MikeS(erama)

MikeS(erama) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Massachussetts
    My seramas all hatched between day 19 and 20. Definitely a good idea to lock down early with these little guys!

7. Cherokeerainbow

Cherokeerainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Turner, Maine
    MikeS(erama) :

My seramas all hatched between day 19 and 20. Definitely a good idea to lock down early with these little guys!

Exactly! They also prefer a bit higher humidity for hatching.
    So YES they hatch earlier. 19 days​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by