Serama Flock For Sale & 2x OEGB cockerals

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ourlittleflock, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ourlittleflock

ourlittleflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ok so my hatching addiction this year were seramas and now I have tooooo many - so up for grabs is a great starter flock.. They all live in the same pen and get along great..

flock of 7 contains
    2x cockerals - 1x white and black & 1 gold and black barred looking - 17 weeks old
    2x pullets - 1x solid black & 1x black and white looking - 17 weeks old - very close to laying age

next
    2x cockerals - both are black with brown feathering -13 weeks old
    1x pullet - black with a slight tan feathering - 13 weeks old

I am not sure of their final feathering since they are still changing but they all are getting the "V" tails...

pickup only please - can meet within reasonable distance...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
  2. Pampered Chicken

Pampered Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    I wish I were closer.

3. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    That is an old english crele and a blue splash old english game bantams.

4. ourlittleflock

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:nope those are seramas!!! all came from serama eggs...

the blue splash oegb doesn't look like my real bsoegb - his is white and black no blue anywhere...

5. Serama Man

Serama Man Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2010
    Beverly, WV
    Quote:Yeah, I would agree. As for the Serama eggs, they were probably sold to you out of cull flocks.

6. ourlittleflock

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:Ok I stand corrected - even though my eggs were marked serama - i am selling a new small flock of

OEGB's
    1x cockeral - old english crele bantam - 17 weeks old
    1x cockeral - blue splash old english game bantam - 17 weeks old

Seramas
    2x pullets - 1x solid black & 1x black and white looking - 17 weeks old - very close to laying age
    2x cockerals - both are black with brown feathering -13 weeks old
    1x pullet - black with a slight tan feathering - 13 weeks old

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
  7. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    i would not breed any of these birds, usually if i do not have anything nice to say i will say nothing at all, but for the sake of preserving the breed and because people should know, all of these birds are culls and should not even be called serama, if anything i would sell them as OEGB mixes so the people that do not research the breed they are getting into before buying dont think they are getting seramas when they take these birds.

8. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    Quote:Just curious. I notice you have frizzled seramas. Is frizzle a serama gene (something they came from malasia with), or would you have to cross in another bird to get the frizzled gene in seramas? If its not a serama trait, wouldnt breeding in the frizzle gene be somewhat counterproductive if you are so concerned with preserving the purity of the breed?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  9. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    Hate to say it but several of those do look like Old English....

10. Penturner

Penturner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    Reno Nevada
    What I think is that if the people of the SCNA spent half as much time promoting their sight and their idea of what a Serama should be as they do running around bashing others. Other people would have a better idea of what that idea is. The truth is the members of SCNA. which by the way is who wrote the comments above. Are not breeding anything that looks like a Serama either. If you go by any of the 4, yes 4, traditional Malaysian body types. A suggestion to the OP. simply weigh your birds and list the sizes and weights. that what most people really care about anyway regardless of how viciously others try to ignore that. By far the average Serama owner only cares they have a tiny friendly chicken.
    I also suggest persons that come here only to do this sort of thing be banned from this group. If you questioin that they do. this is a quote they posted regarding at least one of these comments. "i couldn't help but comment, i will probably get my head bitten off over there, but i dont really care, i am rarely ever on byc anymore anyways".

My best in selling your birds. they look as good or better than anything I have been able to find from SCNA members. And they want $25 per bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by