Serama for pick up OR - pics included

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by UrbanFarmChix, Oct 29, 2010.

1. UrbanFarmChix

UrbanFarmChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Our teens are $15.00 each or get a pair one boy and one girls for $20.00. We have four girls and four boys. Most of the boys are crowing and the girls will probably start to lay in about 3-4 months. These are for pick up only. We have no experience shipping chickens. Please do not hit Buy It Now but IM me. Thanks.
    Our boys
    [​IMG]
    Our girls
    [​IMG]
    Here is Elvis, one of our full grown roosters for $25.00. He has proven fertility and loves to cuddle. He was hatched from eggs from Blue Grass Seramas.
    [​IMG]
    This is Shadow and his 2 newly laying pullets. All proven breeders. The girls were hatched from eggs from Blue Grass Serama eggs. All three for $75.00.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seramas also called Malaysian Seramas are fond companions. They are more popular than cats and dogs in Malaysia. Here in the States they are a new addition, being imported in the year 2000. This makes them very uncommon. They are known for their small size, friendly personalities (they seek out human interaction), and heat resilience. Seramas also mature quickly. Laying begins at 4-5 months of age. It takes roughly 5 average Serama eggs to equal 1 Grade AA Large egg.

They can be kept happily indoors. We have ours housed inside. We can show you how to build a lovely and easy cage for less than $20.00. They love to have perches at various levels to jump around on. Extra care must be taken if housing them outside. Their small size makes them more vulnerable to attack from animals that normally you wouldn’t need to worry about, like cats. They are sensitive to temperatures below 40 degrees. They are after all from a tropical land. You’ll need to supply additional heat in cold weather. A 75 to 100 watt bulb positioned for them to move closer or farther away as needed would be perfect. Smaller feed bills because of their diminutive size.

They are great for 4-H. Easily handled, small size means they take up little space, unique in the group, and easily table trained.

They are a great alternative to a parrot. They’re a friendly domesticated animal and not wild caught. Seramas live to around 8-10 years, like a reg chicken, which means they won’t outlive you. And you get eggs!

For more info try - https://www.backyardchickens.com/breeds/serama/23256

2. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Sigh, I wish I was coming to Portland soon because I would love to add to my 3 Serama pullets. They are amazing birds!

3. UrbanFarmChix

UrbanFarmChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Want to meet in Salem? It's kind of halfway. [​IMG]

4. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Finally sent a PM...sorry! Been so busy here...Salem sounds wonderful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by