Serama hatcheries or breeders

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chickeypeep101, Dec 27, 2009.

1. chickeypeep101

chickeypeep101 the Awesome Pullet

Jul 23, 2009
    On a horse!
    Are there any hatcheries that sell seramas or are there serama breeders in New York?

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Not that I know of. You might want to check out Jerry's Seramas or Bluegrass Seramas. BluegrassSeramas is a BYCer!

3. chickeypeep101

Jul 23, 2009
    On a horse!
    okay

4. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Natures Hatchery out of Chicago says they sell serama chicks.

5. chickeypeep101

Jul 23, 2009
    On a horse!
    Yay thank you

6. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Serama breeders will generally try to discourage purchases of hatchery Seramas. One reason is crossbreeding. Because Serama eggs are not hardy, hatcheries may cross with similar breeds in order to fill their orders. This is already being done across the country by unscrupulous deviants trying to make a buck. Why sell a jap for $5 when you can call it a Serama and charge $20? Serama chicks are also not very resiliant. As hatcheries like to ship out their chicks as day-olds, Seramas will barely have a chance in the mail.

7. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    I have some seramas. I have shipped eggs before and they don't seem to do very well this time of year, but if you would be interested in hatching eggs, I would be more than happy to ship you some when the weather warms up some this spring.

8. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    I agree with staying away from hatcheries for any really, most are fiarly poor quality in my opinion and experiences. We also have seramas too, and there are loads of breeders on here with them. Try the breeders sticky at the top of this forum, also check the genetics forum for serama threads, there are several of them.
    Good luck

9. chickeypeep101

Jul 23, 2009
    On a horse!
    Okay thank you.

10. chickeypeep101

Jul 23, 2009
    On a horse!
    Quote:Thanks that would be awesome. I will pm you when it warms up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by