Serama Hatching eggs

Kscott45

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Hello Folks,

Just thought I would share my experience with buying and hatching these, at times difficult to hatch eggs. Two months ago I bought 6 batches of eggs off ebay, a total of 42 eggs, they were from all over the country. My hatch rate was only 5 pullets, from 3 different sellers. I'm not complaining there lovely little lady's and make me giggle every time I work with them. But I had no rooster. So I needed to try again. But because these little eggs don't ship as well as other breeds I looked over my notes and and noticed that eggs that were shipped from the father buyer had more broken air sacks, so this time I bought from sellers that were only 1 state away. I live in IL so I bought from sellers in IN, IA, TN, this time I only had 26 eggs. I only had 4 with broken air sacks and now have 11 chicks and there still more that are peeped. So less travel time on the eggs, less bouncing around in trucks, less handling really upped my success rate. Just thought I would share my results. Happy Hatching.

Back
Top Bottom