Serama Hatching Question!

olijo123

Songster
8 Years
Jun 10, 2013
WV
Hi! I am getting Serama hatching eggs in a month or two. I have never had Serama, but when I first saw them I just had to have some! I have a Brinsea incubator and will be putting in a dozen Serama eggs. I read that Serama's have a fatal gene that can kill them during hatching or after hatching. So can anyone with Serama's give me some incubating tips for them?? Should I use the automatic egg turner for better hatching?, or should I let them sit without turning? Should I keep them at a specific temp and humidity level? Should I give them something as chicks to ensure good health? I just want to have a good hatch with some of these little guys! Thank you!

I’m not aware of any fatal gene in Seramas. Frizzles and Araucana, yes, but not Seramas. Do you know where you heard that?

I have not done Seramas personally, but from posts on here they tend to hatch a bit early. That can sometimes be true with smaller eggs. But just treat them like chicken eggs, heat humidity, and certainly turning. Good luck!

I’m not aware of any fatal gene in Seramas. Frizzles and Araucana, yes, but not Seramas. Do you know where you heard that?

I have not done Seramas personally, but from posts on here they tend to hatch a bit early. That can sometimes be true with smaller eggs. But just treat them like chicken eggs, heat humidity, and certainly turning. Good luck!
I heard that from posts here on BYC. I wasn't exactly sure! I have only hatched once in an incubator, but those were standard chickens so I wanted to be sure with the banty eggs! Thank you so much!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom